Chapter 34: Hey Pumpkin

Right off the bat Eren ran right behind Annie so she would think that he was taking her side. If that's not betrayal, I don't know what is. Mikasa looked kinda hurt but didn't say anything. She just glared at him and the wiped it with her usual mopping expression.
     I wanted to say something but if I did I know it would end in a fight. I just stood behind her so it was like I was on her side.
     "Hey pumpkin," Annie said. "How was your date with your main boy and side guy?" Annie smiled with a glare at me. "Which one tasted better? Levi, the feisty short one? Or was it"
"Shut your mouth." Mikasa says calmly cutting Mikasa off. "You're just jealous that Eren hangs out with girl friends. Notice the space, Honey? It's called the friend zone. It's best for you to just keep your mouth shut."
"Wow, you are such a"
"A what? A bitch? Go on, say it. If you're not really a daddy's girl you can do it. Or wait, do you need to call him for help?" Annie hasn't talked to her dad in years ever since the last time he tried to help her.
Annie needed to pay off a hospital bill for her friend who just so happened to have been Mikasa at the time. He ended up using Annie's moms money to pay it off. Ever since then Annie disposed of any happy memories of Mikasa or her dad.
Annie clenched her fists and gritted her teeth. "Bi-B-Big whale." Mikasa's eyes widened. "You're just a big whale. Just sits there and does nothing. Looks for people to help but in the end hurts herself and her friends. Every. Single. Time."
"You know what? I'm done with you. Sure. I hurt you and tried to apologize so many times. I even payed back the bill. But you know what? 4 years ago. Okay? A 12 year old helping a 12 year old. The only reason I couldn't pay the bill was because unlike you, I didn't have a family at that time. Unlike your parents they were murdered. They were murdered by monsters."
"Well you as an 8 year old murdered one of those people! They weren't the only monsters in that room, Mikasa! You were a monster too. You still are in my eyes."
"Well-Well who cares what the hell you think? I'm going for a walk. Don't follow me. Never follow me. I don't need anyone."
Mikasa ran out the door. Eren ran to the door but I grabbed his arm. "You heard what she said," I say. "She wants to be alone."
"No you idiot!" Eren yells. "Whenever she says she needs to go on a walk she gets this loneliness she had when she lost her parents. It's hard to explain, but I need to stop her before she hurts someone." He looks at me. I don't let go. "Levi," I hold on. "You love her right?" I nod. "Then please, don't do this for me, do it for Mikasa."
I let go.