Chapter 26: Mikasa's Ascot

Mikasa stands up and runs to her room. I try to call for her but I know that it was not the time. I should not have yelled at her. The best thing to do is give her some space.
I start to fix the couch cushions from where I was tossed on the couch. I look for my ascot but it was no where to be found. I walk upstairs and knock on Mikasa's door.
"Mikasa do you have my"
"Yup." She calls through the door.
"Can I have"
"Nope." Now she's just being stubborn.
"Mikasa, don't make me come in there."
"I dare you. You gave it to ME. Don't take it back like Eren took back MY scarf." I only had her wipe her tears with it. "Besides, you look good without it."
"I don't think I do."
"But you can see your muscles." I sigh. Okay I get it. I'll just leave her alone for a while.
"I'm gonna go make us some lunch. Don't forget we have school tomorrow." I hear her moan and throw something. "All right. Just umm, just call or find me if you need anything."
I start to prepare us some sandwiches when someone knocks on the door. I open it, of course, and see Armin. He runs inside.
"Sure. You can come in." I say sarcastically. He runs over to the couch and turns on the tv. "What's going on?" He calls Mikasa down. She looks as confused as I am. "Armin?"
"Sit down!" He yells. We start watching the on demand pre recorded news that was on 10 minuets ago.
"Breaking news. Everyone who lives in the area of Florida are being forced to evacuate due to a 8 meter titan break through. It is currently on its way to Miami city. Pack your bags and once the titan is gone and the city is re built, we will report when it is safe to return." We all sit on the couch in shock.
"What the actual hell?" I say. "Are we just supposed to buy plane tickets and get out of here?"
"Actually no." Armin starts. "All the planes are booked. We have to drive. It's not or never." We run and grab a few things for the road.
"Levi." Mikasa starts. "What if Eren's house gets attacked?"
"My car only fits five people. The only way we can take other people is if we"
"I have a van that can fit all of us and a few other friends." Armin comes in and cuts me off. "I don't care how much you hate each other, I'm not letting any of you guys die." He stops in the door way. "I was already abandoned by my whole family. I don't need to lose anymore people. Now come on. It's on its way to our city."