Chapter 22: The Plan

*knock knock* This can't be Eren already! We still have cleaning to do and I still need to start dinner. I open the door. Anxiety leaves me at the sight of Armin. I let him in and we discuss our game plan.
     "So I'm supposed to wear my scarf, wait for Eren to see umm, Levi's mark, on my neck, then tell him about Levi and I?" Mikasa says with her arms crossed.
     "Unless you have any better ideas." Armin says. "It is the best we can do. It's easy and that's the farthest you gone which should make him feel relived in a way. There is still a huge change Eren will be pissed off at you two for a while."
     "Yes I'm aware but Levi and I believe this will be for the best."
     "You could have asked me for help. I'm always gonna be here."
     "Watch it bowl head." I say looking away from Armin. "I'm her boyfriend after all."
     "Yes but I'm just saying she may need a boy, space in between, friend to talk to." She smiles. "You know, for when you start asking about kids and what not."
     "Ummmm yeah kids!" Mikasa says. "I ummm, may not know how babies are made."
     "I thought you knew what sex was?" I ask.
     "I do. But what does that have to do with babies?"
     "I'll explain later."
"Why Not now?"
"Because it's not important at the moment."
"Fine."
We get a few backup plans and talk about what's for dinner and stuff like that. Mikasa is tense and Armin seems pretty low key. I pull Mikasa upstairs. I try to reassure her it will be okay but she is still hella worried.
"I promise you it will be fine." I take her hands.
"Don't make promises you can't keep." She pulls her hand away. "How do you know what will" I pull her in and start kissing her.
My hand slowly wanders lower. Inch by inch. I strangely find myself touching Mikasa's butt. *knock knock* I pull my head away and look in the door way. Armin was standing there.
"Eren is on his way." He says.
"Oh yes." I say backing off of Mikasa wiping my shirt. "Let me go start dinner." I brush past Armin and head to the kitchen, Mikasa trailing behind hiding what I know is a smile under her scarf.
"There is nothing to hide Mikasa. We all know you love me." I say to make Mikasa blush. She lightly pushes me with one of her hands.
"Shut up." She says.
"Make me."
"Levi, not now! Armin is here." Armin waves from behind her. "Maybe later I will." Armin rolls his eyes and sits at the dinner table, Mikasa now trailing behind him.
I start getting dinner prepared and Armin and Mikasa talk and laugh at the dinner table. They sometimes would add me to their chats but not very much. Everything is going to plan. Maybe It's even going a little better I guess I could say.
*knock knock* Eren is at the door. Everyone goes silent and I go to answer the door. Sure enough it was Eren like I though.