Chapter 11: First Kiss

"I'm going upstairs real quick," Mikasa starts. "Pause the movie for me." She runs up and back down as fast as lightning.
     "Welcome back." I say with a smirk. "Before I play the movie I would like to inform you that one of the rules I was talking about it due tomorrow."
"Let's here it then."
"Cleaning day." Her smile drops. "Hey, don't give me that look. I told you there would be rules."
"I know but your house is already clean. Why do we have to clean it all over again when there is no mess?"
"Because my house, my rules." I grab her hand and hold it tight. "Don't worry. The house is clean and we only clean it every Sunday."
"Every Sunday!?"
"Yes."
"How long will it take?"
"As long as I make it. The less you complain, the quicker it gets done."
"Fine." Mikasa returns her smile. She looks better wearing a smile which makes me smile.
Mikasa turns the movie back on and puts her head in my lap. I grab her hand again and hold it the rest of the movie. But by then she was already fast asleep.
"Mikasa?" I whisper. "The movie is over." She still doesn't move. "I love-," I pause and think about what if she wakes up. "Mikasa I love you." She still doesn't wake up.
I lean my head back so I can sleep comfortably. I wake up to the smell of bacon. I lift my head up and look into the kitchen. Mikasa was making breakfast for us. She doesn't look at me. I walk up behind her and wrap my arms up around her. She just does a happy sigh and continues cooking.
"I could have made breakfast." I tell her.
"Oi Levi. I like cooking. It's really not a problem." She smiles and says, "The only real problem was trying to not wake you up."
     "I could have handled waking up a little early."
     "Yeah but the longer you sleep in the more time I get to wait to clean."
     "Very clever," I look down and back up an sit at the table. "But we are starting right after breakfast."
     "I can handle it."
     "Alrighty then."
     We eat our food and run to the store to grab some cleaning supplies. Mikasa just looks at me and asks what we need and what our game plan is gonna be. I basically just tell her wait till we get home but she doesn't. I mean at least she is curious.
     "Okay so we will start in the rooms," I say once we get home. "If you finish early, you come help me with my room and vise versa." I grab a empty trash bag. "Sound good?"
     "No but I'll do it."
     "Remember what I said last night?"
     "Yea." She looks at me. "It's just I'm used to cleaning my room once a week, not a whole house I guess."
     "How do you know if you never tried." I say grinning.
     We rush upstairs and get to work. My room is pretty fast to clean, I can't sleep in a dirty environment very well which is why I usually stay the night at my house. I have felt the germs for way to long when I was younger. I don't think I could do it again without losing my mind.
     I finally finish my room and rush into Mikasa's room. She is under her bed and can't see me. I knock on the door. *bang*
     "Ow!" Mikasa half yells coming out while rubbing her head. "That hurt."
     "Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you. Let alone hit your head." I say pretty low key. "Is it bleeding?"
     "I'm not sure. Even if it is I'll live."
     "Can I check?"
     "If it makes you feel any better you can, but I'm sure it's nothing."
     I sit her in a chair and look at her head. There is no blood but a huge bump. I run down and grab her an ice pack.
     "Here put this on your head." I tell her whilst handing her the ice pack.
     "Thank you."
     "Tsk." I say rolling my eyes. "No problem."
     When Mikasa stands up, we find each other standing face to face. She doesn't move and neither do I. We slowly get closer to each other. I put my arms around her and kiss her. Her lips are soft. Her hugs are warm.
     "Wow." She says.
     "What?" I say backing off. "I was merely a kiss." She smiles and runs in to kiss me again. Once she's done she pulls her head away an inch.
     "I guess I'm a sucker for kisses then." She says. "Please don't leave me, Levi." Then she sits down and breaks down.