Chapter 24: Blackout

3rd POV
"Why? I have magic stronger than anyone else's. I studied everything there was about my magic, polished my skills, amd prepared! All for this day! For years... and years! And yet... Why?!" Rades ask himself. Then he notice Leopold is fighting the last corpse even if his fire.

Leopold slip to ome of the mud accidentally and nearly hit by the corpse's attack. He was then protected by Noelle's magic. "Noelle, I thank you!" Leopold said. "You can save the thanks! Just hurry up!" Noelle said. "But of course!" Leopold said then start to run. The water barrier protect him from the enemy's attack while running towards it. "Flame Magic: Ignis Columna!" Then Leo cast the spell im close range. The huge heatness makes the corpse burned to ashes even thought it's water type.

"How'd you like that?! I made him evaporate with intense firepower!" Leopold said so proudly. "Ow..." Asta said after his eye sparkled. He can still felt the pain in his wound. "Excellent! Well done! You are definitely a man worthy of leading this country!" Feugoleon said. "Yes, sir!" Noelle and Lwo saod then they saluted. "I accidentally saluted, too." Noelle said when she realize herself. Then Feugoleon look over Rades.

"I-Impossible..." Rades said and move one step backward. Then Feugoleon walk forward. "Impossible! I've got as much magic as a royal! I..." Rades said while looking at his grimoire. Then Feugoleon cast a spell while walking towards the enemy. "Flame-Binding Magic: Leo Palma!" Then bunch of lion's hand made of fire captured Rades and make him unable to move or cast a spell. He even drop his own grimoire.

"L-Let go of me! I'm stillー Damn it! Damn it! At this rate, I..." Rades said. "There are many questions I'd like to ask you. But before that, I will be confiscating your grimoire." Feugoleon said. "Don't!" Rades declined. Then one of the lion's hand get the grimoire and gave it to Feugoleon. "Don't touch my grimoire!" Rades said. "What is this grimoire?" Feugoleon ask. "S-Stop it!" Rades said, then Feugoleon open the book. Only one page of spell was written thre and he saw what type of spell it was.

"There's only one page?" Feugoleon said. "Don't! Don't look at it! Damn it!" Rades said to Feugoleon.

He can only use one spell? - Feugoleon.

"Give it back! Don't you dare look down on me!" Rades said. "Who's gonna look down on you?" Asta said then Rades look over Asta and so as Feugoleon. Asta was walking slowly than before because of his damages. "Couldn'rlt you think of any other way to get people to acknowledge your power? You have amazing magic, and you were strong enough to claw your way up... It's just a waste!" Asta said. Rades has his eyes widden and open mouth. Feugoleon smile because of Asta's words. Then Noelle walk towards Asta.

"Here. I'll lend you my arm. Also, what happen to Sei?" Noelle ask. "Thanks. Sei said he will call someone for back up." Asta said.

"What you lacked to overcome adversity... was a righteous heart. Pay for your crimes." Feugoleon said. Then someone voice was heard only buly Rades. "Are you satisfied now?" The unknown person said. Asta hears it.

A voice... - Asta.

"What's the matter?" Noelle ask. "It was impossible for you to beat a captain on your own after all." The unknown person said. "I-It's not impossible... I..." Rades said. "The sheed volume of your magic isn't enough. I'm also reaching my limit. You're through actong your own. From now on, things are going to go as planned. All for our master." The unknown voice said to Rades.

What is their motive? - Nozel.

Who is that witch? Also, what are they really after? Paracelsus got injured but I manage to heal it. Looks like copying me makes his mana drained. - Seishiro.