Chapter 39: Three-leaf salute

3rd POV
“The Eye of the Midnight sun is led by a man named Litch, who owns a four-leaf clover grimoire. They are a terrorist group he formed six years ago, and they hold a grudge against the Clover Kingdon. They have about fifty mages who are members.

Among them are their leader, Litch, as well as the three they call the Third Eye: Raia, Vetto, and Fana. They are much stronger than the other members. They all hold a strong grudge against the Clover Kingdom, and they use that to justify their terrorist attacks. Their endgame is to have an independent country of their own. That about covers everything, doesn’t it?” Julius said.

The two nods. “Yes.” They said. “And this is the most important bit of information… I’ve learned that there is a traitor among you who is working with the Eye of the Midnight Sun.” Julius said and everyone went shocked. “What?! Among the c-c-captains?!” Rill asked. Jack just laugh.

I knew it. – In Nozel’s mind.

Who could it be? – In Charlotte’s mind.

Because of you, Captain Fueagoleon was… Why?! Why would you betray us?! – Asta asked in his mind.

(A/N: It’s obvious it’s not our Sei since it was said the Captain. Man, I always wanted to try making Sei became the fake traitor but he have to do his job until the end.)

“Now, would you kindly tell me which one of these captains is the traitor who aided the Eye of the Midnight Sun? Tell me their name.” Julius commanded. “It’s… The Captain of the Purple Orcas, Gueldre Poizot.” The two said and everyone went shocked.

“Impossible! What are you talking about?” Poizot asked a everyone move away a bit from him and have their gaze on him. “Th-They’re terrorists that attacked our beloved nation! You’d actually believe what they’re saying? As if I would ever betray the Clover Kingdom!” Poizot defense imself.

“I’d rather not say this, but I’ve heard a few dark rumors about you.” Charlotte said. “It’s not few. We’ve heard many.” Nozel said. “Wh-What? Really?”  Rill asked in disbelief. “Come to think of it I’ve heard plenty of rumors like that.” Yami said. “Apparently, they weren’t all false.” Charlotte said. “I knew you were probably up to something sketchy, but this is just…” Yami said.

“Don’t be ridiculous! Th-This must be some kind of mistake! I know! They’re trying to frame me as a traitor!” Poizot said pointing at the two terrorist. “They’re only telling me what they know, plain and simple. Information obtained with my memory exchange magic is absolute.” Marx said. Poizot move a step backward.

“You heard him, Hard Ham.” Yami said. “I’m not hard!” Poizot argue. “Just calm down. Why not just let the guy with the bowl cut look at your memories? If you’re really clean ham, that is.” Yami said.

“I agree with everything other than what you called me. If you’re truly innocent, you should.” Marx said. “W-Well, I...” Poizot said. “What? Are you embarrassed? You a teenage boy or something?” Yami asked.

“You’re behaving shamefully, Gueldre.” Marx said. “You will pay for betraying the Kingdom with your death.” Nozel said with a scary glare. “So it really is you. Because of you, Captain Fuegoleon was…” Asta said.

Meanwhile Seishiro put a plan with Joran. Because he felt something not the same as thhe usual first rank Captain. So he ordered Joran to know the truth while he waits for Finral and the others.

“No! This is some sort of trap! I’ll clear my name! This is a strategic retreat! Transparency Creation Magic: Invisible Great Mage!” Poizot casted and he became invisible. Everyone went shocked. “He disappeared?” Asta asked.