Chapter Seven

Waking up with Alex in my arms in the morning was so comforting. Knowing he was mine and he wanted to be.

Just two weeks ago, we were best friends, doing best friend-y things like playing video games together and watching action movies and so forth. Us as a couple seemed like a much better thing, us being more romantic and caring to each other than in any other relationship we had ever had.

All our girlfriends were quite the same, wanting someone but not wanting something more. In my experience with Holly, thinking about it, she only used me for herself, not really caring if I got hurt when she just suddenly diciding she wanted to be by herself, shutting me out as if we had never happened. W

e never fought much, which maybe was bad, because Alex and I have never fought, but being around him I insult him in a joken manner, knowing he won't ever take it seriously.

We just were two people that couldn't be seperated, even if we tried to break apart, it would be too hard and heart breaking. I couldn't live without him. He was my life. He was the only thing that was actually meaningful in my life, because of everything before this, because I realised I loved him longer than I thought.

I watched him as he slept, his chest rising and falling in a pattern as he took each breath. I could move, too engrossed in watching him sleep, not noticing as the seconds turned into an amount of minutes.

As his eyes fluttered open, I instantly saw that little sleepy smile he always greated me with in the morning.

"Hey," he whispered, me continuing just to look into his eyes, the browns mixing in such a nice way.

"Hello, beautiful. Have a nice sleep?" I asked, noticing my voice was really quiet and maybe even careful, trying not to make the silence break too much.

He nodded, taking my hand in his, rubbing it off his cheek as he closed his eyes for a few moments.

"So, what about getting away?" I asked, his eyes opening again quickly, and his eyes just lit up like the headlight of a car.

He jumped up out of the bed, making my arms fall from his body, him running up to the door and into his room. He stayed there for a few minutes, so I guessed he was getting showered and dressed, so I got to my feet, and walked into the ensuite, turning on the shower and hopping under the running water.

The water hit off my skin with that bit of force, making me shiver at the sudden warmth. My hair dampened, clinging onto my forehead. I grabbed the shampoo, washing my hair quickly then hopped out of the shower, turning the water off.

I dried quickly, wrapping a towel around my waist, walking into my bedroom and over to my wardrobe.

Rummaging through the drawers, I picked out a pair of black skinny jeans, pulling them up onto legs. It was such an effort getting skinny jeans on after showers, but they were nearly on so it would be as much effort peeling them off.

Finally pulling them up to my waist, I threw on a plain black tee shirt on. I slipped my feet into a pair of black converse, putting my arms through the sleeves of a hoodie.

I took a trunk out of the back of the wardrobe, throwing random articles of clothing in. I zipped it up, taking it in my hands, walking down the stairs to leave it in the hall.

Wondering why Alex wasn't down yet, for I had taken some time, I walked back up the stairs, looking through the crack of his slightly ajar door.

There he was, straightening his hair infront of the mirror.

"Alex, were going on a plane, not out in public," I said, him spinning around at the sound of my voice.

He looked nice though, his hair nearly totally straightened, it perfectly styled.