Chapter Seventeen

It was awkward explaining to the lady how the bed was totally broken. The pillows of course, were ripped up, us just leaving the feathers there scattered over the bed all weekend, not really bothering to clean them up. But of course, last night, was even worse.

"Uh, I'm sorry but we kind of ruined your bed," Alex said, rubbing the back of his neck awkwardly.

"Oh, it's alright, dear. It'd just be nice if you pay a fee so I can fix it. Will you show me the damage?" she asked, a weary smile on her face saying 'you fucking assholes just came and ruined my motherfucking house'.

Alex cheeks grew red as he guided her up to the bedroom, me following them just to rewitness the state we had left that room in.

The head board was broken in half, the pieces leaning on the end of the bed. It gave me a headache just thinking about it. Last night was a bit too rough, but we seemed so caught up in the moment, just going on and on.

Of course, the white floating feathers were laying all over the sheets, the remains of the pillows noticable to be thrown on the ground.

And then, it had to get worse. You could see the bed frame was broken, the mattress dipping in multiple places.

I was just hoping, for Alex's sake who looked as if he was a tomato, that the lady wouldn't suddenly get cross or start laughing.

It was just weird seeing the lady nod, just turning her attention to me.

"I think you have broken in the mattress a bit too much," she said, that annoying smile when people thought they couldn't laugh, just settling for a lip biting smile.

I gave her the money to get the bed fixed- or just get a totally new bed- and then got out of the place, Alex looking as if he'd explode when we were finally sat down in the car.

"No need to be embarrassed, darling. You were just too good last night," I said with a cheeky wink, and then he was off, letting the hysterical laughter out, when his breath started to catch in his throat was only when made an effort to stop.

Oh, he was so darn cute when he laughed, so darn cute about a lot of things, making me feel my cheeks glow pink as I pulled out of the driveway, starting our drive back home.

"Just don't break the bed at home. It was expensive," I said.

"When I expect myself to be rough I'll just drag you to my room," he said, but he wouldn't. My room was also his now, him so settled in and even wearing my clothes because he doesn't really bother going into his room. Little things.

"Last night was too much," I reminded him, seeing the purple bruises on my forearms, and expecting the same on my neck and other places.

"I'm sorry," he said in that cute voice I just couldn't resist. He was too innocent seeming to be such a wildcat in bed, just keeping a kind of.. charade.

I felt a shiver go down my spine as I thought of the word, what it meant for Alex. I don't know if he just pretended to be a split personality, him able to be as cute as a kitten but as manly and dominient like a lion when he liked, or inworse cases, him hiding behind the shadow of a smile just so I'd be fine.

But that could just be the way he is, because he has no reason to live behind shadows of others anymore, does he?

Seeing the familiar surroundings of our hometown, Alex tapped my shoulder, probably noticing someone or something.

"Pull over, Jack," he said, a smile on his face, so I did as I was told, walking up the street with him a few steps infront. He stopped infront of a bar window, reading a notice it had.