Chapter Nine

I could hear what sounded like faded murmured, my eyes opening slowly, my vision cloudy, the blur of Alex's arms shaking me awake. I felt a tear trail down my cheek, the hot water tinging my eyes red, my lips shaking as I didn't get what was wrong with me. With Alex.

My body was covered in sweat, me unsure of what was happening.

As soon as my vision cleared the slightest bit, I could see Alex sitting there, his body shaking, his lips swollen as if he had been chewing on them with much force. His eyes were glassy, water dropping down off his nose, falling off and down onto sheets.

"Y-You wouldn't w-wake up, Jack," Alex whimpered, his face twisted in a strange way.

I tried to speak to him, tried to tell him I was okay, but I felt as if my whole body was numb, it feeling nonexistant. He sobbed, shaking me roughing, trying to make me move, but I couldn't, him beginning to get hysterical.

I suddenly felt as if I was shaking violently, even though I was so still. I was freaking out in my mind, asking Alex what was wrong in my mind, but I couldn't mover, speak. I couldn't even blink. I felt dead, as if I was slipping away finally, Alex's eyes just as wide as the abbyss I had jumped into in my dream, his eyes as dull as mine when my mother walked away.

"Move, Jack!" he screamed at me, his tone scaring me, my eyes wincing shut. Suddenly, I felt a stabbing pain at the bottom of my chest, me suddenly jolting, screaming so loud it didn't come, my hands grabbing around my stomach as I felt the imaginary knife cut my insides, making me howl in pain as my heart sunk farther up my throat, me petrified.

Alex was frozen, him sitting on the edge of the bed, his eyes wide, staring down at me. His body frozen.

"Help me!" I growled, snapping him out of his trance, him pulling on just a pair of boxers then ran out the door.

I scratched my stomach with effort, me just clawing at it, wanting the stabs to ease. Wanting it just to stop. I cut through the skin with my nail, my blood seeping out like beads.

My blood felt as if it were boiling up in my veins, gushing around my body, making me feel somewhat comforted, the shallow scratches soothing me too.

But the knieves continued to stab, twisting around, just trying to hurt me the worst they could. My screams were as loud as I could of ever done, hoping not to alarm the other guests, them thinking a person was getting slashed or shanked. I was convinced my body was murdering itself..

I took my hands away from my stomach, scrunching up the sheets in my hands, noticing the specks of blood come off my fingers and onto the white.

"A-Alex," I whimpered, feeling my eyes roll back into the back of my head, my breaths short, getting lesser and lesser.

The faint sound of the opening door, I felt arms around me, me being laid down on a surface, suddenly feeling cold air as suddenly as it went away.

I felt someone's hands grab onto mine, me guessing Alex, feeling a tear drop onto my skin, my eyes fluttering open for a second, seeing his sad face, gaving him a hopeful smile, me being taken over by uneeded sleep, unsure of what would happen once I let my eyes close, the darkness taking over me, letting my mind go off to the place of dreams...

---

Murmurs, soft murmurs woke me. I was in a plain room, seeing a fully clothed Alex asleep in a seat, my eyes wandering around the room, trying to explain to myself what had happened.

I saw the hospital monitor, my heart beat being updated, my heart looking steady, but how would I know? I could be unwell.

I saw a window, looking out, see cars in a car park, the field surrounding it covered in the white snow, a road cleared making out the entrance.