Chapter Nineteen

Waking up on the Saturday morning, I was excited but nervous. I was like thinking I would fuck up so bad, unable to hide the mistakes. I felt pressure for the first time in my life.

Alex got me through the day, bringing me to the drama and arts centre so I could I could practise, him smiling like an idiot as I started playing 'Twinkle Twinkle' on the piano, trying to pretend to be playing seriously, squinting my eyes as if I was really putting my all into playing it. But he knew I was just joking around, my fingers suddenly changing into a more complex and pleasing song choice.

He drove home, me just tapping my fingers off my knees as we neared the house, just deciding what to plsy, wondering how much time I would have.

Once in the door, Alex ran up the stairs, the quiet 'come on' coming out of his lips as he closed my bedroom door behind him. I followed him up, seeing him look through my wardrobe, taking out my blackest pair of skinny jeans and my newest white button up shirt.

"Get dressed. I've get you a suit jacket," he said with a smile, giving me a peck on the lips before going out and into his room.

I stripped of my clothing, pulling on the skinny jeans and slippinh my arms through the shirt's sleeves. Alex was only gone a mere minute, the black suit jacket in over his arm and a little box in his hand. My eyebrows furrowed up as I looked at the box. Hmmph.

He passed me the items, me taking them in my hands, him noticing my stare.

"I'm not asking you to marry me, Jack. It's a bow tie, you dope," he laughed, me opening the little square box to see just that.

I don't know why, but I wish it was an engagement ring or at least a promise ring. But then again, Alex nor I may be ready for that yet, still finding ourselves, settling in down theclast thing on our minds. And it was too early on. Just a bit over two months wasn't enough time to know that you totally want to spend the rest of your life with the person. Even if it was the person I have known inside and out since I was a child. We didn't know each other in a sexual and intimate way well yet, only starting to know, love being better than anything to me.

There I am acting like a pansy again. I felt wrong to be this way, so obsessed and over all completely head over heels for him almost instantly. Just letting him have me and letting me have him. I don't know what was up with me, a kind over bittersweet love for it when I though it through. I couldn't think that way when Alex clouded my mind, only thinking of how much I loved him and how perfect he was. But I don't know if I was exagerrating or letting the complete truth out to myself.

Alex tapped my arm, me noticing the cute smile he had so to keep my attention.

"Thinking 'bout me?" he said, biting his lip to fight off the threatening wide, beaming smile.

"Yes, actually," I said, letting the box fall lightly on the bed as I brought my hands into the sleeves, fixing the torso of the jacket around my waist.

"What about?" he asked quietly.

"Do you want to tell me everything that you think about me?" I asked, walking towards him, resting my hands on his shoulders. His cheeks grew pink at that. Oh, he thought about me. I wasn't just some obsessed weirdo. Well I was. But..

Hearing a knock at the door, Alex walked away and out the door, my hands falling to my sides. A smirk was on my face as I retreived the bow tie, not really certain of how to fix it so I didn't look like JR from Problem Child. I looked in mirror, thankful I looked decent, my black hair spiked up in it's usual way. I heard the low but harsh sounding murmurs coming feom downstairs, letting myself walk down the stairs with a raised brow, but wanting to jyst turn and run when I saw her. Wanted to melt into the floor. Just disappear so I just didn't have to see her again. In my house. Me and Alex's house.