February, 1971

February 3, 1971

John

"Has Freddie said anything about Valentine's Day yet?" Brian asked, leading me towards a table in the cafeteria and sitting with me while we waited for the other three.

"No. Why? Has he said something to you? He said that he has a secret, but I have no idea what that means." I frowned, pushing the Shepard's Pie around with my plastic fork. "Stupid boy, really. Maybe I don't even want to do anything on Valentine's Day." I huffed, secretly hoping that he'd take me out for dinner, or something!

"He did say something after the jerk-circle last week, but I don't know if I'm allowed to tell you anything." He murmured, poking a straw into his tiny milk carton. "I would tell you, but I don't want to ruin the surprise." He shrugged, then Roger, Tim, and Freddie joined us.

"What surprise?" Freddie asked, stabbing his fork into the shepard's pie. "Was there something that I didn't know about?" He raised an eyebrow then Brian and I shook our heads. I didn't want to ruin whatever he had planned for Valentine's Day, so I didn't want to tell him anything. "How was your morning? I still hate the new schedule." He kissed my cheek and I giggled, leaning into him a bit more.

"It was fine. It's a little harder, but I think it's supposed to be like that before graduation." I explained and he nodded with a small smile. "How was your morning?" I replied, and Tim made a gagging noise from the opposite side of the table- he was annoying about relationships.

Freddie got up, then he grabbed Tim by the shirt before pulling him away from the table. Brian, Roger, and I watched as he started using his hands to explain something to Tim. He looked like he was getting aggressive, and it kind of worried me because I didn't want him punching the other man in the middle of the cafeteria. He motioned towards me, then Tim started nodding before the two of them started walking towards us.

"Sorry, John." Tim muttered and I couldn't help but laugh at him, tucking into my meal while I watched Freddie glare holes into his soul- he was very overprotective, and I didn't mind all that much.

"It's fine, Tim." I replied and he smiled at me a bit.

The boys started talking about band practice, or something, so I pushed the food around my plate and I huffed out a little sigh. I was worried that the band was becoming more important than me, because it was all he thought about, but he always told me that he loved me more- he said that he'd always love me more.

As we got closer to graduation, the boys would get more excited over performing at our graduation. I was excited to watch them play in front of such a large group of people, but at the same time, I was worried that the parents wouldn't find the music interesting. My mum didn't appreciate the band too much, but she knew that I loved Freddie and she was kind of dealing with it- she was mad when I came out, then I told her that I was with Freddie and she felt a little better about it. Because we knew Freddie's family since they moved, Mum wasn't worried about me being with him- she knew that he was a good lad.

"Are you going to eat that?" Freddie asked and I shook my head, pushing the tray towards him- I wasn't too terribly hungry that afternoon, so I let him eat my food instead of me wasting it. "I love you." He murmured and I giggled while I shoved him a bit- he was embarrassing me in front of his friends.

"I love you, too." It was barely a whisper, but it made him smile.

February 14, 1971

Freddie
I tucked the bouquet of flowers behind my back, then I knocked on John's front door and Lilian answered with a small smile.

"Look at you, all dressed up for your date." She giggled, and I could feel myself starting to blush. My mum had helped me pick out a grey suit, with a black turtleneck underneath- it was expensive, but Mum told me that it looked amazing on me. "I'll run and grab John." She moved so I could come in, then she ran up the stairs and I heard giggling and squealing.