April, 1971

April 12, 1971

John

I still couldn't believe that it was real. It had been two months since Freddie proposed, and the ring on my finger was a weight that I still wasn't used to. I couldn't stop thinking about a possible wedding, but I still didn't know how to tell Julie and my mum- it was still too fresh, and I wanted him to be there when I told them.

"What kind of wedding do you want? Fall? Summer? Winter?" Roger asked, flipping through a wedding magazine with me while we waited for Freddie, Brian, and Tim to get their lunch- I had picked a magazine up on the way to school, just for fun, and I was absolutely in love with everything it had to offer.

"Fall, probably. Tweed suits seem to be very popular this year." I murmured, flipping through the pages and stopping when I saw the suit that I wanted, turning it so Roger could see. "The plaid tweed is nice." I continued and he nodded, resting his cheek on his hand while he looked at it. "It's very October, don't you think?" I smiled, turning it back to me and taking a pen out of my bag, circling it so I could look at it again.

"What're you two girls talking about?" Brian chuckled, looking over at the magazine when he sat down. "Oh, Fred, he's in deep with this." He looked up at my boyfriend and Freddie nodded with a little chuckle.

"It's cute, really." He kissed my temple and I couldn't help but smile at him.

I was almost desperate to start a life with Freddie, because he had been there through absolutely everything and I just wanted to start over with him- I wanted to forget who I was as just his boyfriend, I wanted to be his husband and begin again. I wanted a new life with him, and I was more than excited to see what the future held for us.

"What do you want to wear, then?" The older man asked, leaning onto my shoulder and looking at the book with me. I pointed to the plaid tweed and he hummed before kissing my shoulder- he was very touchy-feely lately. "I like that one. It'd look good on you." He whispered and I felt myself starting to blush all over again- the idiot always did that to me. "I'm excited to be married to you." He told me and I shoved him, again- I wanted him to stop talking in front of his friends, because he was embarrassing me.

"You two are having an Autumn wedding. John and I decided it while we were in math." Roger told Freddie, and the oldest boy laughed.

"Whatever John wants- I love what he loves." He smiled, then he reached down and he held my hand. "Who's betting on when we start having kids? All three of you were way off with the proposal." He showed me the bets, and they all thought it'd be five years, at least.

I wasn't offended by the little bets- I actually thought that they were kind of funny. Freddie and I got some extra money, because they were wrong, and they all had fun with it. I wanted to know what they thought about Freddie knocking me up- if they wanted it too happen as badly as I did.

"Is it possible that John's already up the duff?" Tim asked, ripping a paper into five and passing us all pens.

"No." I giggled, putting a hand on my empty stomach. "I want to wait a little bit, if that helps anyone." I told them, writing down my own answer: two years, at least.

"I got us another gig booked next week, and some local news group wants to interview us." Brian told us, staring down at his paper while he wrote his answer, folding it afterwards and putting it into Freddie's bag- he was the keeper of bets for us. "They want to help us get our name out there, and we can start looking into full recording sessions once we graduate." He explained and my heart started to fill with joy for them- they were so excited, and I loved it.

April 17, 1971

"Come on, come on, we're going to be late!" Freddie exclaimed, pulling me away from the front door and down the driveway before basically pushing me into the car. "We're going to be late, holy shit." He panted, buckling up while I pulled away from my house.