December, 1979

December 1, 1979

Roger
"Come on, baby, it's time to go home." I cooed, softly, while I took Olivia out of the bassinet. "We get to go home and spend time with your brother and cousins." I told her and she covered her hand with her long fingers. "Oh, you got Dad's fingers, didn't you?" I chuckled and Brian looked over. "She's lanky, like you." I rocked her a bit and he walked over to look at the little girl.

"Yeah? Finally, because Hudson is a short little thing." He chuckled, then he kissed my cheek before going back to packing up mine and Olivia's clothes. "How do you think they were for mum?" He asked and I shrugged while I looked down at my newest little baby- she was so beautiful, and I wanted to hold her forever. "Hello?" He hummed and I looked up at him. "Answer my question." He chuckled, softly, and I frowned a bit before he repeated the question.

"Oh. Uh, I think they were fine- they're good kids." I told him, then I looked back down at Olivia. "Yes, they're such good kids. Yes they are." I cooed, tickling her chin a bit while I rocked her from side to side. "She's perfect, Brian." I whispered and he nodded with a bit of a laugh, then there was a knock at the door and he went to check it for me.

I had my back turned to the door, so I could dress Olivia, and I noticed some hushed arguing before the door shut and I was left alone with my daughter. I bit my bottom lip while I listened to the arguing outside, but I smiled down at the baby and she made a grunting noise before kicking her legs.

"It's going to be fine." I whispered, to both her and myself, then I took a deep breath before picking her up and holding her close to me. "Dad's just getting some stuff figured out with uncle Freddie and uncle John, so we can give Lennie and Rem back." I told her, then I sat on the bed and I laid her down so she could look around a bit. "It's going to be... hectic... when we get back home, but it's all in good fun."

I took a deep breath, then I looked back to the door and it started to open. John slowly walked in, and he shut it behind himself. I tried to look him over, but he was so curled up in attempt to hide himself from the world.

"Please, Roger." He whimpered, his eyes filled with tears and his face red from, what I assumed was, crying. "Please let me take my kids home- I need them home." He cried and all I could do was shake my head. "I can't handle being alone with Freddie, I just need Lennon and Remy home."

"We can't do that, John." I whispered, my mouth felt dry and Olivia squirmed on the bed- I felt like she knew something was going on and she was uncomfortable with it. "Brian said we have to go to court, because we think you two are unfit parents. I don't want to keep the kids from you, but this is the only way we can keep them safe." I continued and he started sobbing- his small frame began shaking and it looked like he was about to fall apart to a pile of bones on the ground.

He screamed into his hands, and my heart fell into my stomach. I had never seen him like that, so passionate about the kids, and it really showed that he was ready to get them back. I just didn't know how I was going to trust them because they said they were good parents the first time, then Lennon found John face down overdosed on drugs. It was just a tricky situation, because we were always hurting both parties.

"I'm sorry, John. Maybe one day you can-"

"Don't tell me what I can and can't do!" He screamed at me. "They're my kids! How would you feel if I took your fucking kids away from you and I refused to let you see them!" He took a step closer to me and I picked Olivia up, so he wouldn't hurt her. "What? You think I'm going to hurt your fucking baby?" He hissed, stopping and staring at me. "Jesus, you guys think I'm such a fuck up, don't you? You think that because I did one thing wrong with Lennon, suddenly I can't be around kids at all?" He asked, looking me up and down with a disgusted look on his face. "Fuck you."