February, 1973

Sorry for such a late update - I had an allergic reaction to something at school today so I've been nursing myself back to health.

And for baby number two, there is a post on my page, but I'm torn between two names that I can't get out of my head:
a. Alex

b. Grey

February 14, 1973

Freddie
I had a lot of trouble finding a Valentine's Day present for John and the new baby, but I had a feeling that I planned the perfect night for us both- well, us three, because the new baby was attached to John's midsection. Roger and Brian had offered to watch Lennon, so we were finally getting a little break from parenting- it had been a long few months without much help.

"We have an ultrasound today." John whispered from the other side of the bed before rolling over to face me. "And we have to get some blood work done- it'll help tell us if the baby is intersex." We had to get the same blood work with Lennon- the baby had to get a needle, through John's stomach, then they'd tell us if it had the hormones in its blood that both boys and girls had. "And we need to decide what we're going to do if they find out that the baby is intersex, like we did with Lennie." He sighed, then he closed his eyes and he rubbed his stomach. "I hope to God that it picked a gender while it was in there." He whined and I moved closer to him, holding him close against me.

"We're going to do what we did last time, pick a gender neutral name, then wait to see what happens when he or she comes out." I explained and John whimpered, slightly. "What are we going to name it? Did we talk about that yet?" I asked and he nodded with a small smile before letting his hand fall to his stomach. "Grey, or Alex, but we were stuck on those two, and we're not allowed to give it a middle name until we know what it is."

"I really like Grey, because it's something different, like Lennon, but Alex is nice, too, because it's so... plain, and sophisticated." I smiled, then I kissed his shoulder. "But we'll think about it some more. I like it when they have interesting names, like Lennon's, but maybe we need something different." I murmured, then I rolled onto my back and I looked up at the ceiling.

There was a small yell from Lennon's room and I groaned, softly, before turning to face John- he was pretending to be asleep so he wouldn't have to go and get her.

"Cunt." I laughed, then I rolled out of bed and I wrapped a robe around myself before going to Lennon's room. "Good morning, Bubba." I smiled after going into her room, then I took her out of her crib and she smiled before resting her head against my shoulder. "Should we change your nappy before we go and see Daddy?" I asked, quietly, and she smiled up at me, like she was saying yes.

I quickly got her changed, then I slipped her into some Valentine's Day themed pyjamas- a pink footie pyjama with red hearts on it. Roger had gotten it for her the week before, he said that she needed a Valentine's Day outfit so he picked one up for her- he was sweet to her, he was the only Valentine she really needed.

---

John
I took a deep breath while I relaxed into the plastic clinic chair, the nurse tied a rubber band to my upper arm before tapping the vein on my wrist several times. I made a little noise when the needle was pushed in- I always panicked a bit when I had to get blood taken, but I knew it was for my baby and my health. Freddie wouldn't come in, though, he said that the needles scared him- or the blood scared him, one or the other. I didn't understand that, though, because Lennon was literally covered in blood and guts when he held her for the first time, but he was eager to do that, and-

"All done." The nurse smiled before putting a cotton ball on my arm, securing it with medical tape.

"That-that's it?" I frowned and she nodded with a small laugh. "Oh, well, thanks." I smiled, then I got up and I went to find Freddie in the waiting room. "We're done for me, now we just have to go and get one for babes." I rubbed my stomach and he nodded while getting up. "You have to stay in the room for that one, because it's a bit bigger and I don't want to be alone." I made him come to Lennon's, too.