January, 1973

Just a little reminder that gender-neutral pronouns weren't commonly used in the 70s. 

January 1, 1973

John
"Happy New Years, love." Freddie whispered, kissing me on the lips after getting out from between my legs. I giggled, softly, then I held his cheeks and I kissed him back. "What do you want to do this year? What's your goal?" He asked, holding me close and making me smile.

"I want... this baby to come out healthy, and for Lennie to love it. And, uh, I want to get better, healthier." I looked over and he nodded with a small hum. "For the kids, and... and for us, I want to get married soon and I need to get better in order for that to happen." I whispered and he leaned in to kiss me once more. "What about you?" I asked, and he rolled onto his back while he thought about it.

"The baby thing was a good one. I want this baby to come out just as happy and healthy as Lennon did, and I want her to love it, too, and... I want the band to take off this year. I want this to be our year- the album comes out and everything, I want to play sold-out shows this year." He smiled, showing off his teeth, and I hummed, closing my eyes and moving closer to him. "I think it's going to be a good year for us, John." He hummed after I closed my eyes.

His hand moved to rest on my stomach and I giggled a bit, relaxing against him and letting him bond with the little baby. I couldn't stop thinking about it, what it would be and who it would look like. We had names picked out already: Annie, or Hayden. We hadn't thought about the possibility that the baby would be intersex, we didn't want to think about it. I didn't want to choose a life for my baby, but it was a possibility.

"When's the appointment?" He asked, quietly, and I groaned while I rolled to get my black book from the bedside table. "I didn't mean find your day planner at half past one, John." He giggled, but I shrugged and flipped it open.

"Not until I'm ten weeks." I yawned, putting the book to the side and snuggling close to him. "Soon-ish." I whispered, starting to close my eyes. "End of the month." I finished and he chuckled before kissing the top of my head.

"Go to sleep, love. It's time for you to get some sleep." He whispered against my hair, then he pulled me closer. "Happy New Year, John."

---

Brian

I felt kind of... odd. Roger was half naked in my bed, sleeping, and all I could do was stare. We had slept together before, when we were taking care of Lennon, but that morning just wasn't the same. We had... he was my New Years kiss, and I felt awkward because he was my best friend.

But when he slept... Jesus, he was dreamy. He looked like a doll when he slept, and I couldn't help but wonder what was going on inside of his head- his face twitched every few seconds and he looked like he was about to wake up. I glanced over at the clock and it was about quarter to eleven, it was about time for him to wake up- we had gone to bed long after midnight, he needed the sleep.

He groaned, loudly, then he stretched before rolling onto his stomach. "My mouth tastes like the rubbish bin." He whispered, then he turned to face me. "And my body feels like I spent hours at the gym... everything hurts."

"How would you even know what going to the gym feels like?" I teased, poking his side and laughing when he groaned. "Do you want a Paracetamol?" I asked, softly, and he nodded, closing his eyes and waiting while I went to get the medicine from the bathroom. "I'll be back in a tick." I rubbed his shoulder, then I got out of bed and I went to rummage through the bathroom cabinet.

"Paracetamol?" John asked with a small laugh and I nodded with a smile. "Freddie went a little too hard last night- it's been a long while since he's been allowed to really let loose and drink." He hummed and I made a little chuckling noise.