April, 1973

Just a reminder that the lads were born between 1952 and 1954, just so I could make them all in high school at the same time.

April 7, 1973

John

"I don't want her to be a whole year old." I sighed to Roger, crossing my arms over my chest while I watched Lennon cruise along the furniture- she was holding onto the edges of the sofa and the coffee table so she could practice her walking around. "She's supposed to be my baby forever, and now she's one." I wanted to cry, then Roger wrapped an arm around me and he rested his head on my shoulder while we watched.

Brian and Freddie were out getting Lennie's cake, and finding out whether her grandparents would be coming- I wanted them to be there to celebrate, even if they didn't fully understand our lifestyle and Lennie's living situation. She was fully ours, and she had been for a while, but Brian and Roger decided to stay living with us to help us care for her.

I didn't know how we were going to tell them that Remy wasn't really... one specific gender, but they were both- it was hard to explain to people that thought there were only two actual genders. Well, it was hard to explain to the older generations- my own mum didn't quite understand, even though her and Dad had dealt with me as a child.

Lennon noticed us staring, then she fell back on her bum and she smiled up at us- her teeth were starting to grow in on the top, so she officially had four little nubs, and I thought they were just precious. Roger chuckled, quietly, then he went to get her and he brought her to the kitchen, so she could help us get ready for the birthday dinner.

"Are you and Brian going to have kids?" I asked, quietly, while I set out plates and cutlery. Roger shrugged, silently, while he filled up the juice pitcher. "Do you want kids? It's okay to not want them, not every couple has them." I gave him a small smile and he hummed.

"I don't know. I mean, I would love to have my own little Lennon, but I think I'd rather be the uncle, if that makes sense. I love kids, but not enough to change my life completely." He explained and I nodded with understanding. "I mean, the band is just starting up again, and we're finally getting things on track- once Remy comes we'll be ready to go and Brian said he doesn't want to ruin that."

It kind of hurt to hear him talk about kids ruining things, but I tried to understand where he was coming from. It was hard to listen to people that said kids would ruin things, but Roger was my friend and I had to take his words with a grain of salt sometimes.

The front door opened and Brian and Freddie walked in with a small sheet cake and some party supplies- balloons, party hats, streamers; the works. My fiancé came over and he kissed me on the lips before putting the cake onto the counter. He put his hand on my stomach afterwards, then he whispered: "how was ya-ya while I was away?"

"Moving lots. I want them to move for Lennon, but I'm worried that she'll get mad." I chuckled, softly. "She'll probably hit me when they start moving." I shook my head and Freddie laughed. "Help me with these potatoes, please?" I asked, turning back to the stove and starting on mashing the potatoes.

Lennon's birthday dinner was just a bunch of her favourite foods all together: mashed potatoes, peas, peanut butter- the adults were having chicken, but she got pretty excited when she saw me peeling potatoes. She crawled into the kitchen after a bit, and she started tugging on Freddie's trousers when he got the peas from the freezer.

"Papa is making your supper- what do you need?" He hummed, picking her up and putting her on his hip. "Peas?" He smiled, giving her a frozen one and letting her bite at it while he got things ready.

"Ya-ya!" Lennon whined, reaching over to try and grab at me- sometimes she liked Remy, other times she couldn't stand them. "Deee! Ya-ya!"

Freddie passed the toddler to me, and I sighed, resting her on top of my stomach while I looked her in the eyes- she had Freddie's eyes. "I'm going to take her to our room, just to calm down a bit before the party." I murmured, then I started rubbing her back while I went down the hall to mine and Freddie's bedroom. "Let's talk to ya-ya for a little bit before the party." I smiled, laying on the bed and sitting her next to me. "Say hello?" I asked, quietly, and she smiled while patting it.