May, 1972

Some of y'all better stop being angsty // sarcastic to me in DMs and comments, because it's rude and I don't know how to read sarcasm online bc I'm old smh...

I changed the first chapter, so the beginning paragraph bit takes place ten years in the future instead of five, because I just realized how quickly time moves when I do months instead of chapters.

May 12, 1972

Freddie
Lennon was officially five weeks old, and it was honestly the most stressful five weeks of my entire life. She didn't sleep very well unless she was in our, bed, and it worried me because we needed to kick that habit before she was six and still sleeping with us- I wanted her in her own bed, but John liked having her with us.

Roger and Brian kind of hated being woken up in the middle of the night, but they were really understanding and they often offered to watch her if we needed to take naps during the day. I was thankful for them, because sometimes we needed more than two hours of sleep in a night.

"Freddie, can you bring me another pill from the cabinet?" John asked, quietly, while he gave Lennon her bottle.

"Didn't you just take one a little bit ago?" I frowned, slightly, while running the razor over my face. John said something from the bed, and I sighed. "What'd you say? I didn't hear you, sorry." I poked my head out of the room and he looked like he was about to start crying.

"It hurts, Freddie, please just get me a pill so it stops." He whimpered, then he sat Lennon up and he burped her.

I went back into the bathroom and I grabbed the small bottle of pills- he had to get a refill, because he said he needed them, and it was kind of concerning because he wasn't supposed to need more, it was supposed to get better after three weeks. I took a pill out for him, and I filled our bathroom glass with water- we kept a cup for us in our washroom, so we could take pills without having to go into the kitchen.

"Here." I gave him the cup, then I took the baby before giving him the pill. "Hey there, Lennie." I cooed down to my daughter, then John passed me the empty cup. I took the baby to the bathroom with me, and I finished shaving my face with one hand while she reached up to pull at my chest hair. "Don't pull Papa's hair, you silly girl." I chuckled, quietly, then I put the razor on the counter before putting the moisturizer on my face. "John, are you going to get out of bed today?" I asked and he shook his head before going under the blankets even more. "I'll let you know if we're doing something today." I murmured, then I patted his foot before taking Lennon out of the room with me.

Brian and Roger were both on the sofa, half asleep, and I chuckled while I joined them, sitting on the lounge chair and resting my feet on the ottoman. Lennon tried to turn her head to see what was going on, so I turned her so her back was against my stomach and so she was sitting on my lap.

"Are you two tired?" I hummed and they both nodded, draping their arms over their eyes. "Do you see what you did, Lennie? You made everyone tired." I looked down at her and she was starting to fall asleep against my arm. I moved to cradle her so she was more comfortable. "Even you're tired." I giggled, then I put her in her swing, sitting on the ground next to her and pushing her until she fell asleep.

"She was up all night." Brian whined and I nodded with a small smile- she was a bad sleeper, we all knew that. "Why are you so cute, but so bad?" He laughed, looking over at Lennon in her swing.

"She just doesn't sleep at nighttime. She can sleep like this all day, but she won't sleep in our room, for some reason. She won't even sleep in our room during the day, and I don't know why- she sleeps in the nursery, but John won't let us put her in there overnight." I sighed, softly, but both men were pretty much asleep.