June, 1973

June 17, 1973

Freddie
John curled over his stomach as much as possible while he puked that morning's breakfast into the toilet. I knew that it wasn't him getting sick on purpose, but he had been complaining about aches and pains for several weeks- I felt bad, because he had spent so long making me a Father's Day breakfast, only for it to end up in the toilet. He let out quiet sobs while he rested his head on his arm, taking a shaky breath in attempt to calm himself down.

"I-I think we need to go in, Freddie... it isn't letting up." He whispered, eyes closed. "And I threw up before I had Lennon, so I'm sure this is early labour." He was so calm for it being such a serious topic, but we were told that Remy's case would more than likely lead to a premature birth. "I want to go in and check on the baby." His voice started quivering and I nodded while I rubbed his back. "But what a good Father's Day present." I squeaked before scrubbing his hands over his face.

"The best Father's Day present." I smiled, then I kissed his warm cheek before flushing the toilet. "Get a bag ready, I'll go and tell Brian and Roger that they're going to babysit today." I hummed, then I got up and I went to knock on Brian's bedroom door.

I walked into the room after no one replied, and I found Brian and Roger sleeping close together. It looked like they were naked, so I decided not to rip the blankets off, but I saw Brian's hand resting on the small swell of Roger's stomach- he barely even looked bloated, I couldn't remember a time when John was pregnant and that small.

"Brian." I whispered, crouching next to the bed and carefully nudging him until he woke up. He made a squeaking noise, then he stretched before rolling over to face me. "Good morning." I smiled when he frowned.

"Morning." He muttered, then he reached over to grab the clock with the hand that Roger wasn't asleep on- poor man, had to sleep with Roger on his arm the entire night. "It's barely past seven, Freddie, seriously?" He groaned, setting the clock back down and rubbing his face with his free hand.

"I know, but John thinks that he's in labour, and I just wanted to tell you that you have to listen for Lennon. I'm going to take him to the hospital, and I'll give you a call once I know for sure." I murmured and he nodded, closing his eyes. "Listen for my daughter, Brian, I'm serious." I hissed, slightly, and he flipped me off.

I trusted that they'd do it- Roger had been all over Lennon since finding out that he was up the duff. I thanked him with a small tap on the forehead, then I went back to mine and John's room- he was in the middle of packing a bag, but he seemed to be paused for a moment. He looked scared, or shocked, so I ran to his side.

"I had a contraction- not a Braxton Hicks one, but a real one. It was like the ones they made me have with Lennon." He whispered, his body trembling when I touched him. "They're coming today- we're going to have two kids today." He sighed, shaking his head before going back to packing the bag. "And one that's ten weeks early." His voice softened and I nodded while I wrapped my arms around him from behind- he still felt small whenever I held him, like his body was trying to stay sick.

I helped John get things ready, packing a bag for him and getting an outfit for Remy from their room- we got them a grey and green pyjama onesie, and Roger had gotten them a yellow one, one that matched Lennon's little lemon thing. I assumed we were going to need new outfits, because we weren't quite finished getting everything ready- we were just going to have to see how big they were going to be before we bought things for them.

"Deep breaths, love. It's all going to be okay once we're at the hospital- the doctors will get it all figured out, and maybe we'll get to meet our little peanut today." I smiled, kissing his cheek, then he stopped and cooed.