March, 1973

I'm not trying to make the name sound like Rami, but it was the only one that I liked that flowed with Grey - the more I researched, the harder it was to find a middle name that went with Grey, so that's their middle name. So, to clarify, REMY IS NOT BECAUSE OF RAMI. Yes, he's a good actor and all that, but I don't want the book too terribly associated with the movie because, personally, I didn't enjoy it that much. Remy is not associated with Rami, thanks.

Also, just a short little filler because I had a really bad allergic reaction to something on the gluten free menu at my school and it had me out for a few days. Blegh, finally feeling better.

March 11, 1973

John
I paced back and forth in front of the telephone, waiting for it to ring and for the doctor to tell us the baby's results. He promised that he'd call that afternoon, but I was still panicking and all I could do was pray that the baby had just picked one- I wanted it to know what it was, I didn't want to decide for them.

The phone rang and I jumped up to grab it, wanting to hear the news myself rather than Brian or Roger answering. Freddie ran over as soon as he heard, adjusting Lennon on his hip, then I answered with a small, "hello, this is John."

"Hi, John, this is Doctor Byrd's office, do you have a moment to talk?" The receptionist asked, quietly, and I replied that I could. "Great. I'll transfer you through." Her voice was always cheery when we went, it still sounded like she was smiling.

I thanked her, quietly, then the phone started to ring for the other line. "This is Doctor Byrd." The man answered and a cold sweat started slipping down my back.

"Hi, uh, doctor, this is John and Freddie. We were told you have, eh, the baby's results." My voice was shaky, so Freddie rested his hand on my lower back as a way to ground me. "Are we allowed to get them over the phone? It's just... we can't really get down there with Lennon and stuff." I murmured and the man made a positive sounding noise.

"Are you sitting down? I think you should be sitting down." He told me and I nodded, leading Freddie towards the sofa. I told him that we were sitting, then he cleared his throat. "So, John, we found hormones in the baby's blood that are similar to an intersex baby's. We just need to do one more ultrasound, to confirm, then we'll keep watching it while it grows, to make sure that nothing goes wrong." He explained and my heart dropped with disappointment. "And just remember that we can always do the surgery once it's born, so you can give it whatever gender you were looking for."

"We aren't doing that." I muttered after a couple seconds of processing. "We're letting the baby pick what it wants to be once it's old enough to decide." I shook my head and Freddie squeezed my hand. "We'll come in soon, then we can look. Thank you, Doctor Byrd." I murmured, then I hung up and I let out a little sob, trying to keep myself from crying- I couldn't stop it, the tears just came.

"John, baby, don't worry- we said we'd work with it, okay? Don't worry, we're going to raise it and it's going to be just fine." Freddie whimpered a bit, then he set Lennon on the ground and he held me closer to him, wrapping his arms around me tightly and crying against my shoulder. "We can't be upset, because the baby is happy and healthy in there." He cried and I nodded, sobbing against his arms before reaching down to rub my stomach, wanting to let the baby know that we were there for it.

"Remy." I whispered through the tears and he sat up, wiping under his eyes and looking at me. "The baby is named Remy." I nodded, rubbing my eyes, and he smiled before kissing my temple. "Remy Grey Bulsara-Deacon." I muttered, rubbing my hands over my thighs while I tried to calm myself down a bit. "It flows better than Grey with a middle name."

"That's... very unisex." Freddie joked, quietly, and I smiled a bit. "Should we tell the lads?" He asked and I nodded before taking a deep breath. "Come up here, Lennie." He grunted, picking her back up, then he sat her on his lap and he turned her to face me. "This is your baby." He spoke slowly and she looked between Freddie and my belly. "Baby." He touched my stomach and she giggled- she knew what babies were, because of her dolls. "What're we going to call the baby? Lennon won't understand." He sighed, softly, and I shrugged, rubbing over my stomach.