April, 1972

Please keep in mind that it's 1972, and car seats weren't used with infants until the later 70's. I've researched this for a long, long time, and there are many videos of mothers holding the baby in the front seat when they come home from the hospital - I do not promote not using car seats hahaha

April 7, 1972

John
I felt nauseated when I woke up that morning, because I knew that was the day we were forcing Lennon out of her home. She was going to be two weeks early, but apparently she was just ready to come out. I wasn't ready to stop being pregnant, but we had to do what was best for her and my body.

"Almost ready to go?" Freddie asked, quietly, while he packed the hospital bag. "All of her outfits are ready, and I have a couple pairs of pyjamas for you- I highly doubt that you'll want denim on, huh?" He raised an eyebrow and I nodded while rubbing my stomach. "Are you nervous? You're never this quiet." He walked over to me, then he kissed my temple and I nodded. "There's nothing to be nervous about- it'll be quick, and we'll have Lemon by noon." He smiled and I gave him a weak smile back.

I couldn't get out of my head. I kept wondering what was going to go wrong, and I hated feeling like I was going to lose my baby. I knew that she was healthy, and that I was getting better, but I didn't want her having to be in an incubator- what if they measured incorrectly and she wasn't ready to come out? What if something went wrong during the procedure and they had to pick between Lennon and myself? I hoped to God that Freddie would pick Lennon, she had her whole life in front of her, and I was just... sick.

"John? Where are you?" Roger calls from outside of our bedroom door, then I open with a small smile, putting both hands on the sides of my stomach. "Good morning, Lemon, are you ready to be forced out today?" He asked in a baby voice and I slapped his hands away from me.

"Don't talk to her if you're going to tell her that we're forcing her out." I muttered, grumpily- I was mad because we were literally going to rip her out of her home before she was ready.

Roger backed off for a second, then he sat on the bed and he watched as Freddie packed- I felt like we were all kind of worried about Lennon coming because we weren't mature enough for a little baby. We had months to prepare, but we kept putting it off- well, the day was finally there, and we couldn't put it off any longer.

Brian came into the room after a couple seconds and he joined Roger on the bed- it kind of felt like we needed a family moment before our little girl came. It was going to be strange for all of us, so we just needed a little while.

"Are you getting excited?" Brian asked, curling up and crossing his legs on the bed.

"I don't know, honestly." I sighed, softly. "I mean, I'm ready for her to get out of me, but I don't want her coming this early, and I certainly don't think she's ready to live here- I mean, there are beer bottles in the bathroom sink!" I exclaimed, taking a deep breath afterwards while pacing the room.

"Roger and I will clean while we're waiting for her to come, okay? We planned to do a deep clean, shampooing the carpets and everything, because you'll be in the hospital for at least four days, if everything goes well." He explained and I thanked him with a small smile. "The place will be in tip top shape for the little princess." He chuckled- the baby was everyone's 'little princess' because she was the only girl; she was going to be spoilt. "And your mum said she'd come and help, to make sure everything was baby proofed- Freddie's mum might come, too, but she wasn't sure." Freddie's parents were still iffy about the entire thing, but I couldn't help but hope that they'd come around.

"We should get going now, John." Freddie rubbed the small of my back and I nodded, rubbing the bottom of my stomach before hugging both Brian and Roger.