December, 1972

I know it may not seem realistic, but this is fanfiction and this is what I do. Also, it's been highly requested and I feel like I need to try it.

December 8, 1972

John
'Don't touch her while Freddie's away. Don't touch her while Roger's away. Don't touch her while Brian's away. Don't touch her when you're alone... don't touch her when you're alone. Don't touch her when you're alone.' I rocked back and forth in my seat while I stared at Lennon on the floor. I bit my bottom lip and I whimpered a bit when she crawled up to the sofa. She pulled herself up and she hit my foot with a loud squeal. "Lennon, go and play with your toys, please." I murmured, softly, but she hit my foot again with a laugh.

I hated when they left me alone with her. I mean, I loved being with her, and I loved that she was my baby, but I was scared to be alone now. I didn't know what I was going to do with her, and everything felt uncontrollable- I was worried that I'd hurt her without understanding what was going on.

"Lennie, Daddy doesn't want to play right now." I whispered, pushing her hand away from me after a second. "Bub, I really don't want to play." I groaned while I picked her up, holding her in my lap and kissing the top of her head. "I don't know what I'm going to do." I sighed into her little ponytail and she squealed, turning her head and holding my cheeks in her chubby little hands. "I just don't know." I cooed and she giggled while she followed my mouth movements with hers.

I hummed, pulling her head close to my chest and rubbing her back while I tried to do some of the deep breathing exercises I had learned at the hospital. She squirmed against me, then she turned herself so her chest was pressed to mine- it reminded me of when she was new and in the hospital, when she would do skin-to-skin time.

"Do you want some cuddle time?" I asked, rubbing her back after she got on her knees. I kissed her head, then I slipped out of my shirt before taking off her little dress. "Is that your belly?" I giggled when she slapped her round midsection. "It's a beautiful little belly, love." She was obsessed with her belly button as of late, so she tapped it a few times before leaning in to hug me.

I chuckled, softly, then I wrapped an arm around her, pulling her close to me before reaching to grab a small blanket. I wrapped us both up and she looked up at me with a small smile before resting her forehead against my collarbone. She was so cuddly now that she was at the proper weight- she was always warm and her skin was so soft; I always wanted to have her close to me, to keep me warm.

The front door opened, then Freddie and Roger walked in with the grocery bags. Freddie stared at me for several seconds, just blinking and trying to take in what was happening, then he gave me a small smile before setting the brown bags on the coffee table and sitting next to me.

"It's like when she was small, huh?" He asked, a smile still on his face, and I nodded before kissing the top of her head. "She hasn't done this with you since she got home from the hospital. I'm sure she loves it." He murmured, softly, before kissing my temple.

I smiled down at her, then she rubbed her face on my chest- she always did that when her nose was itchy and she was swaddled up, now she was just too lazy to move her arm. I giggled, softly, then Freddie got up and he went to do the groceries.

"Do you want help?" I called, softly, after he left, not wanting to wake Lennie- she was barely sleeping now, because of her teeth, but now she was completely passed out. "I can... put things in the fridge while I hold her." I nodded, then Freddie started laughing.

"No, love, Roger and I can handle it." He called back, but I stood up anyways and I went to sit at the kitchen table. "Oh, you were just lonely out there?" He asked and I nodded with a little giggle. "That's alright, I missed you." He smiled and I felt myself starting to blush. "And it looks like you two are getting along now." He hummed and I made a little noise while I looked down at Lennon.