Will you go to Homecoming with me?

Sophia and I took the bus home and I hung out at her house until the game started.

Even though Peter was with the guys and the coach was undoubtedly adding a monumental amount of pressure on the them tonight, since we were playing one of our biggest rival teams. He texted me for the majority of the afternoon.

Peter K:

I can't wait to see you 😊

Me:

Likewise ☺☺

Peter K:

Are we having a blushing contest?
😂☺☺☺☺☺☺😊😊😊😊

Me:

Lol apparently 😂😂

Peter K:

😚🤔😏

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

Peter POV:

The closer it got for the game to start, the more nervous I could feel myself start to get. Every scenario I could think possible started to run through my head. What If she said no? In front of the entire school and half the town? What if she wasn't ready to do go so public and I embarrass her in front of everyone tonight? I don't think i had ever felt so nervous in my life and it was just to ask her a simple question.

Maybe it's because Camreigh was special and she wasn't just some girl to me anymore. She was this stunningly sweet and kind person that I just never gave the time to notice til now. She had this undeniable natural beauty about her and the fact she was so confident about how smart she was just made me like her so much more. I can't believe I had been so blinded all this time to the real person she was all because I was too worried about my popularity to even notice her.

The plan was set, I had the team in on it during half time and mom was going to be here soon to drop off the banner that I had stayed up late with Sophia to make last night. I just hope this special Homecoming proposal didn't blow up in my face, it was literally the only sweet thing I think I've ever done for a girl that I had put so much thought into and I just hoped she liked it.

                   ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

It was six o'clock when we left to go to the game. Sophia and her mom were being awfully quiet which definitely was out of character for either of them, and Peter's dad and mine rode together in a separate vehicle.

I tried to joke with Sophia on the ride there but she was being all tense and stressed so I tried to leave her alone til we got there.

I was so excited to see Peter because now that we both seemingly had a mutual feeling towards one another it made me even happier to sit on the sidelines and cheer on his number.

And plus he always did look super cute in his uniform. 😉

No more than the time we got there Sophia and her mother had inevitably went to find something to eat, I guess that was a Kavinsky thing they could eat all day everyday and I scoped the field for Peter.

That's when I felt a finger tap me on the shoulder from behind. It was indeed Peter Kavinsky himself standing there with his lacrosse gear on and already sweating from how hot is was tonight.

"Hey girl!" He said greeting me with a sweet kiss on the cheek when August walked by making annoying kissy sounds and made Peter throw a towel at him as he laughed and walked away.

"I'm glad you're here! I saved you guys a seat in the front right there!" He said pointing, he wasn't lying it was literally smack dab in the middle of the bleachers on the bottom row behind the referees.

"I have you something!" He said pulling out a yellow face paint pen asking me to turn my cheek to the right.

"So you can show off my number!" He said as he chuckled that adorable dorky laugh and smile he did writing his number on my cheek.

"Kavinsky!" The coach came up behind him as the game was about to start.
"I guess .... I better go" he said walking backwards until he was closer to the field when I yelled "good luck!" maybe a little later than i should have and took a seat where he saved me a spot at.

                            ♡♡♡

The game was tied at a score of fifteen as the time clock ran out before halftime. Peter and August were on fire tonight, but Southside Glenn was keeping up just as we would score they would. Sophia was super smiley and happy throughout the whole game, which suprised me she hated sports.. especially games that involved her brother.

The whistle was blown and the game announcers called for halftime. That's when I saw Peter grab the microphone from one of the announcers and move to the center of the field, with a boombox in one hand and a rolled up big piece of white paper in the other.

My immediate thought was what the hell is going on? When the music from sixteen candles started playing over the loud speakers and he held up the stereo above his head like John Cusack in say anything.

I felt my heart start to race when he handed the stereo to August beside him and he grabbed the microphone and two of the other guys from the lacrosse team rolled out the big white sign he had with him.

"Camreigh Brown" he said as I felt my eyes start to swell from the excitement and nervousness i was feeling in front of the crowds of people.

"Will you go to Homecoming with me?" He said coming closer to my seat in the bleachers when another guy from the team handed me a beautiful bouquet of pink and white roses.

As Peter got close to me and the entire attention of everything was focused on me for sure now when he pulled me up from my seat and sat the microphone on the seat behind me and grabbed me around my waist.

"Camreigh Brown, will you please be my date for the Homecoming dance?" He asked me again, with all eyes on me I had never even had a boyfriend much less ever been to a dance and the fact he had went through all of this trouble to truly show how much he had grown to like me and how he had even reenacted one of my favorite movie scenes as a refrence, made me the happiest girl on earth.

I nodded my head until the words finally left my tongue "Yes! Peter! Yes!" I said when he kissed me on the lips in front of the entire school and town with a gentle squeeze to my waist as he held on to me and made the kiss last a good minute.

It was the most romantic moment I could of ever asked for from my first and only ever experience with a boy... that may possible even be my boyfriend now.