Fresh Start

As our weekend together was coming to a close, I had a much better outlook on Peter and I's relationship and where it would go from here. One thing was abundantly clear, that Peter and I were ENDGAME. Nothing, or nobody would come in between us ever again. This experience had proven we could get through anything with a big enough push and alot of love. I hated of course to have to leave him but his classes resumed tomorrow as did mine and I had a long drive ahead of me and I didn't exactly have anymore time to waste. At least once I left this time I knew I wouldn't have to worry about Lara Jean or anymore secrets making Peter distant from me.

Peter talked to his dad and explained the whole ordeal, including what had went down with Sophia and his mom and showed him his phone. Mr. Kavinsky without hesitation took care of the problem and switched P to his phone plan so his mother couldn't control him anymore. So that's one step of P and I's fresh start on learning how to move on. As happy as I was for him I still had to face the aftermath of Sophia at school tomorrow and I could hear the rumors circling now...

"You ready to go?" Mr. Kavinsky asked as he and Peter finished changing the oil in my dads car and put my backpack in the trunk for me. I looked at Peter and then back at his school campus and put on the fakest smile I could muster and shook my head. "I'll just give you kids a minute" he said as he walked away pulling out his phone. Peter walked over to me and wrapped his arms around my waist and smiled. "You be careful bae, and you call me once you get out of the traffic area. I'll keep you company okay?" He said pulling me in for a tight hug that seemed to last long but for me it wasn't long enough.
"I love you Peter" I said when I let out a small sniffle making Peter pull away and look at me. "I love you too Cam. But we don't need to get ourselves worked up again... you and I are fine now and we won't be as far away from eachother long" he said with a smile. I gave him a confused look but he left it at that. "Here" Mr. Kavinsky said putting his phone in Peter and I's direction. "A picture for the road" he said as Peter grabbed me and held me in front of him as he we leaned up against my fathers car. "I'll send it to you" Mr. Kavinsky said to Peter as Peter's smile widened in embarrassment and shook his head. "Send it to me" I said nudging my nose against his before getting one more kiss before getting in the car.

Peter shut my door behind me and leaned his shaggy head into my window and took one more kiss from me. Before I started up the car and drove away.  Once I hit the road It took everything I had to not turn around but we only had a couple more semester's left before we would be free from the summer, and then P and I would be able to spend so much time together that we would undoubtedly become the obnoxious couple everyone remembered us as.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡
           Hours Later>>>

By the time I got home it was almost eight at night. My father was still up sitting in his same recliner with the same lamp on watching his same ol' sports channels and waiting up for me. When I walked through the front door a sense of relief hit me knowing Peter and I were going to be fine. My father noticed me right away and greeted me with a wark smile. "Camreigh you're home! So good to see you made it home safe" he said getting up from his chair to give me a hug. He was obviously tired but it was still nice knowing he waited for me to make sure I was okay. "So did you and Peter make up or?" He asked cautiously when I smiled and nodded. "Everything's perfect" I replied and he asked nothing more. "Well kid I gotta work early and you have school, I'm gonna hit the hay" he replied leaning in to kiss my forehead before heading up the stairs to his room.

I headed straight for the shower which I desperately needed leaving my clothes on the tiled floor as I got the water as hot as I could stand it. I let the hot water  run over my body and the hot steam swarm the room as I soaked it all in and relaxed. Afterwards I wrapped myself in a towel and towel dried my hair letting it fall at my neck as I reached for my phone and headed to the bedroom for clothes when my phone went off from my one and only. What a better way to end a long day than to share a conversation with him.