I'm leaving..

"There you are boy" my dad said when I walked through his front door. He was plopped down on the couch with a bag of chips in his lap, drinking a beer. Seeming to be in good spirits seeing that the game was scoring in his favor by being in the lead by six points.

"Come on in now, take a seat" he said smiling. He always was happy to see me or even talk to me especially in the last year. We had gotten alot closer over the course of this year now that my toxic mother was out of the main picture. I just knew this was gonna hurt him but It's what's happening.

The game was ahead by almost twenty now which made my dad even more happy which was good. I needed him to be in a good mood when I told him... "what's with you boy?" My dad said with a nudge to my arm. "You've been spaced out since you got here. Are you high?" He said looking my eyes over as I laughed nervously. "What? No! Just something on my mind that's all" I said making my heart beat louder in my chest. "Well come on out with it boy, what is it? You in some kind of trouble? Is Camreigh pregnant?" He asked following one question with another. I just rolled my eyes and laughed "no dad, nothing that crazy" I said as he tilted his head and gawked at me before leaning back in his spot on the couch. "Well out with it!" He said again just adding to my nerves.

"Ugh... okay. I do have something to tell you. And yes I know I should have done it sooner, but i just kept putting it off but it happened and now with only a day or so before I leave it's gotta come out at some point." I said shaking my head and putting my face into the palm of my hands.

"Well what the hell is it son? Come on speak up" my father said sounding agitated at me can't say I blame him I'm just prolonging the inevitable. "I'm transfering schools!" I shouted unintentionally being rude with my tone but I just had to spit it out or I never would. "What?!" He asked giving me a confused look.

I sighed heavily and stood up off of the couch. "Look here it is! I love Camreigh. You know this, I know this, everyone knows this! And now after everything I feel in the best interest of our relationship that I need to be closer to her.... so in doing so I have made the descion to transfer to a local college close by her by only forty minutes. That's my decision and yeah!" I said standing tall as if I were actually speaking up for something my father hasn't agreed nor denied in my choices or not.

He looked at me blankly, quiet as he proceeded to process it all. I knew what he was thinking that Camreigh had pressured me into when in actuality she had no clue I was even considering such a thing until I made the descion on my own to do so. He let out a belly laugh as he shook his head. I couldn't tell if it was sarcasm or just out of plain awkwardness of the whole ordeal, but it lifted the tension I was feeling. So I sat back down next to him on the couch. "You sure this is what you want son? I know you and your mom aren't exactly seeing eye to eye right now." He said, "Well dad aside from mom drama. Literally everything I had ever wanted to do in my life has been planned out for me. If not in reality in thoughts of how I should act, who I should be with and what I should wear... the truth is I'm not a kid anymore and Camreigh is what makes me happy. So if that means giving up a school that makes everyone else happy to give myself something to make me happy I'm gonna do it. Plus if it hadn't been for Cam I never would have gotten into this stupid school anyways, you know it and I know it." He didn't disagree with me nor did he pester me about my future he was actually supportive more so than I thought he would be, which made me happy because the last thing I wanted to do was destroy the new relationship I had with him now. "I understand son, all I want is for you to be happy. And you're a happier person now than I have seen you be before her. I'll miss you kid, but I know it's a good thing. Community school or not you're gonna do great!" He said wrapping me in a hug. "Just one last thing... Can we just not tell mom? I mean she'll eventually know, yeah but for now I'd like to just keep it between us?" I said afraid he wouldn't agree but he did..

That night after the game was over I drove back to my dorm room in good spirits, knowing I would only be there a couple more days and after that I would be back in the arms of the woman that changed everything for me, and for that reason nothing absolutely nothing could possibly bring me down.