The Storm

When we got to Camreigh's house the two of us sat there in silence with the engine off. Things were way more awkward than it should have been over some stupid messages from Lara Jean.

I started to speak but hesitated because I didn't know what to say. I mean on one hand I could see where it would upset any girlfriend but on the other hand it was just meaningless messages and she should trust me.

"Camreigh?" I said trying to get her to look at me, so we could talk about this subject instead of ignore it and make it worse.

She turned her head to face me and sat silently, "go ahead.." she said as I caressed her face. Her beautiful eyes glistened back at me with a heaviness in them of emotions. I could feel just how much this was bothering her and it upset me that the thought would even cross her mind about me.

"Look babe, I stand by what I said.. you know me, I only have eyes for you. I want you to believe in my feelings for you to know I wouldn't do-"

I said when she cut me off "I know.... I think I just need some time alone.... I'm just having a really difficult time with all of this.... maybe I just used it as an escape goat... I-I I gotta go... we'll talk tomorrow" she said giving me a gentle kiss on my cheeks and then looking me in the eyes one last time before she got out of the car.

I felt my throat start to close up from the intense emotions I was feeling, but I pulled myself together.

"I love you" I said in a dull whisper of a tone hoping she would hear it, she had her key in the door and looked back at me as she cracked it halfway open.

"I love you too....." she said with the fakest smile I had ever seen her possess.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

Peter POV:

When I thought about going back to August's I immediately changed my mind. Knowing he still had a party going on and I was in no mood to party now, I pulled into my parent's drive way and just laid in the backseat of my car.

I scrolled through the photos and played the videos and Camreigh and me and it only made me realize even more how difficult it was going to be, to move miles away from her... and maybe that was the major reason she was acting the way she was about Lara Jean.

I figured before the subject could worsen between the two of us. I would tell Lara Jean that maybe right now wasn't a good time to be pushing conversations with me via messenger..

 I would tell Lara Jean that maybe right now wasn't a good time to be pushing conversations with me via messenger

I forwarded the messages to Camreigh, so maybe she could rest easy on the topic. I just wish Lara Jean wouldn't have made things worse.

FWD Camreigh:
I told her to chill, I'm sorry for making you feel this way. I honestly think though your bottling up all your feelings for everything else and just using this as an excuse to push me away so it won't hurt as bad. I love you, and I want you to be able to talk to me.
Sweet dreams...

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡
Camreigh POV:

I knew I had made a complete fool out of myself, Peter wasn't like that at all... not anymore at least. Everyone knew how much he had matured and how serious he was with me..

I just got so twisted in my own self pitty and selfishness I let Lara Jean be my reason for exploding... and I wish it would have been on anyone but Peter.

It did upset me though, Lara Jean being friendly or not was coming off super intense and texting someones boyfriend all hours of the day is never acceptable.

I got a random message in from Peter which made me feel a little bit seeing as he had told Lara Jean to cool it.

So I started to text him back so maybe we could both move past this stupid scenario.

I knew he was right, I can't let one stupid spat of jealousy ruin my upcoming summer with Peter