It's not goodbye.... it's see ya later

Camreigh POV:

The past 48 hours with Peter had been some of the best I could have asked for. What time we did have left was spent in a good way, a positive way. With no tears and no negativity just living in the moment with one another.

Except when I woke up today, and I didn't feel Peter next to me the lingering. Overwhelming pain of half of my heart being so far away from me. Was almost too much for me to take. Especially on the first day of school, I fought with myself to even go at all but I knew I had to.

But before all of these emotions rested so heavily on my chest as they did today Peter and I had our bittersweet goodbye.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

The day before:

"I don't want to go" Peter said as I layed in his arms, with my head on his chest.
As the morning sun broke over the clouds and the day we had dreaded was begining.

I felt my breath catch as I exhaled deeply. Peter kissed the top of my head and rubbed my shoulder as he silently comforted me.

"I don't want you to go ether P" I said trying not to let my heavy eyes release the tears that filled them.

I knew If I blinked or even spoke again that they would start to fall and I wouldn't be able to stop them, not today.

Peter sighed and cleared his throat clenching his jaw line swallowing his pride.

I felt him move his hand up to his face as he tried to wipe the tears before I noticed, but I noticed.

He opened his mouth but before he could say anything his mother knocked on the door.

"Peter, get up you got a long drive ahead of you" she said. We could still feel her staying close to the door until she felt he was going to reply before she went back downstairs.

He cleared his throat again before answering her.

"Ye-ah. Yeah we're up" he said leaning up some to kiss my lips.

When her feet shuffled away from the door finally to leave us be.

"Well" I said being brave enough to say something once his eyes were on me directly.

His heart was beating rapidly as his chest leaned against mine while he had me on my back caressing me and playing with my hair.

He was so nervous, and scared I could feel it but he wasn't alone.

"I guess we better get around" I said raising up when Peter stopped me.

"Just a few more minutes. Please?" He said playing with the chain around my neck.

I didn't argue, I just layed there doing everything I could to be strong, but I felt like an army of people were invading my home and trying to take the only thing that mattered to me away.

After having to wait longer his mother became impatient which was initially what got us up from his bed.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

I called my father he knew everything and why I hadn't been home for a few days and he seemed fine with it. Mrs. Kavinsky on the other hand seemed ready to see me go home or to see less of me In general.

As I helped Peter load the boxes and bags into his car I felt a hollow, deep grief rush over me as if I was burying a loved one.

I wanted to go with him and just drive myself back but it was to far and there's no way I'd make it back before school the next day. Which ultimately made this even harder that I couldn't say my goodbye to him there and help him get situated at his dorm. He was going to have to do it all alone. Sophia and Mrs. Kavinsky weren't going ether though I didn't know why his mother couldn't at least help him but at least his dad would be there to help somehow.