Friends

Camreigh & Sophia

"Sophia!" I shouted as I saw her going down the hallway as she was on her way to band.

"Hey...." she said stopping midway in step as she turned around to face me.

"I miss you, why have you been so distant towards me" I asked her as she looked at her feet, not able to keep her focus on me.

"Soph, if you're going through something you can tell me. Just talk to me I'm your bestfriend" I said to her when she finally looked at me.

I could tell she wanted to say something but she was hesitant to do so.

She opened her mouth to speak but the warning bell cut her off, "I-I gotta go" she said picking up her pace as she walked away from me.

I knew something was wrong, besides us not having classes together because we never ignored the other.

When I got to art I realized it had been awhile since Peter text me, and the way Sophia had acted towards me made me worry about her. So I decided to text him and see how he was doing.

Peter K ❤
Hey, hope your day is going better. ily 😘

While I waited on a response from Peter, I got a unexpected message from Sophia and I wasn't expecting that to be her reason for dodging me at all.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

Peter & Lara Jean

"Hey Kavinsky, wait up!" Lara Jean said trying to catch up to me as I left out of my last class.

"Hey....." I said looking at my schedule trying to figure out where to even find something to eat.

I was so lost on the campus but Lara Jean seemed to have no problem showing me around. Which I guess was okay, as long as she didn't have a alterterive motive.

"You hungry?? Wanna grab some lunch?" She asked me politely when my phone buzzed again.

It was Camreigh, and seeing I hadn't answered her last text because I was in class. Skipping our lunch time phone call to eat with Lara Jean didn't seem like a good option.

"Um, actually I'm just gonna go back to my dorm for awhile. Call my girlfriend. But thanks though" I replied as she looked at me and rolled her eyes.

"What!?" I said getting aggravated with her attitude after I brought up the fact I still had a girlfriend.

"Nothing" she said with a half smirk as she looked down at her shoes and back up at me.

"I just thought maybe the two of you broke up" she said bluntly as I scoffed in her face.

"Why would you think that!?" I gasped when she shrugged her shoulders.

"I don't kno-w, I got to go anyways I've got labs. I'll see ya around Peter" she said quickly changing the subject walking off before I had the chance to say anything back to her.

I dont know what Lara Jean's deal was lately, she was constantly in my Dms, always looking for a reason to talk to me, much less be around me...

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

I got back to my side of campus with enough time to talk to Camreigh for her last few minutes of lunch.

"Hey babe, I'm sorry I'm just now getting back to you. This schedule has me all screwed up" I said as Cam talked my ear off on the other end.

"Wha-what? Slow down" I repeated with a laugh.

"Sorry... I-I'm just...." she said when I cut her off.

"Quit apologizing babe, did you get a chance to talk to Soph yet?" I asked her when she let out an unsettling sigh.

"What?" Peter asked waiting for a response from me.

"We're gonna talk after school....." she said dragging it out like she knew something else but was afraid to say.

"That's good, I hope everythings okay?" I said hoping if something was wrong she would bring it up to me later, I wasn't gonna push.

Camreigh let out a deep sigh again.

"I gotta go to class...." she said not wanting to get off of the phone with ne.

"Yeah. I better do the same. I love you"

"I love you too P" I replied as we hung up and went on about our day.

When I got to the Quad I saw a whole group of kids waiting to get into a classroom, and it happened to be my classroom. The teacher was late, suprisingly seeing how every class before was prompt and on point.

I saw a girl with a long black ponytail towards the front of the line, it looked like Lara Jean.

I guess I thought I owed her an apology for coming off rude before lunch, but she owed me one too. She did basically suggest I broke up with someone when in fact I did not.

"Hey Covey" I said moving her long black shiny high ponytail with my hand, as I cut in line behind her.

She turned around and gave me a faint smile, "Hi.." she said turning back around to face the door.

I rolled my eyes, she technically should've given me the apology but I was being the bigger person. After all she was the only person here I knew and I didn't need an enemy with someone that was actually trying to help me.

"Look Lara Jean, I'm sorry for smarting off earlier. It's jus-" I said when she interrupted me.

"No, it's fine really. I shouldn't have assumed. Sorry. Friends??" She said with a playful smile as she held out her hand to shake mine.

I smirked and looked at her weirdly it kind of made me laugh, "Friends" I replied when the professor finally showed up and we all got seated.

Lara Jean sat beside me, maybe she could help me keep my focus in class. After all she was a top student in everything and with Camreigh being miles away maybe she could help me get settled into this crazy college life.