Stanford University

The closer we got to the campus the more I fought with the idea to wake Peter up now or wait til we got there.

The thoughts of Lara Jean and his late night conversation still weighed heavy on my mind the more and more I thought about it.

A phone call came through on Peter's cell that jerked him awake.

It was his father of all people, Peter looked at me all groggy with a smile and reached for his phone out of the middle console.

"Hello" he said trying to wake up as he sat up in the seat.

"Yeah... were almost there" he said talking for a few more minutes before hanging up.

I saw him scroll through his phone, knowing I had read his unread Facebook messages. He would soon find that out if he went to read them now.

I tried to brush it off and try to not make myself look so suspicious but I couldn't help it. I was guilty but so was he was it really so bad he couldn't wait to speak to me this morning he just had to talk to her...

I saw him typing quickly and then put his phone away putting his attention on me.

"Look at my baby driving like a pro" he said nuzzling up cute to my shoulder and kissing my cheek.

I gave him a half grin and replied,
"Yeah... I feel alot better behind the wheel now" I said when he grabbed my hand and kissed it.

"That's good babe" he said looking out at the scenery around us.

"This place looks awesome" he said when we got closer to the campus.

It did, I can't deny that but I didn't know just how much it would hurt me until I saw him gasp at the campus and the surroundings as if home didn't seem so important to him anymore.

When we finally made it to the main office where the Dean of the school was, we were greeted by Mr. Kavinsky at the steps as he patiently waited.

"You ready kiddo?" He asked Peter who smiled incredibly big and squeezed my hand a little bit tighter before finally shaking his head yes.

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

"Ahh Peter, we've been waiting for you all day" the dean said shaking his hand and greeting him with open arms.

"What do you think of the place so far?" He asked when Peter almost couldn't find the words to describe it he was so mesmerized by it.

"it's-it's incredible" he said as he took a seat.

They probably talked for a good thirty minutes before we actually started to tour the grounds.

It was an incredible school with so many sororities and fraternities I knew Peter would fit right into something like this.

Peter looked at me and smiled as his father and the dean continued to walk in talk in front of us.

"What do you think babe?" He asked as I tried to find the right thing to say without hurting anyone's feelings.

"It's great" I said as he kissed me, that's when the dean cleared his throat and got our attention.

"Will you be joining us this year as well?" He asked me out of curiosity.

My facial expression saddened as I shook my head no.

"No, sadly I'm only a junior" I said as his mouth dropped. "Oh, well Peter will be fine here, I'll watch him for you" he said sarcastically as he nudged my arm to smile.