Graduation

My tenth grade year was coming to a close today as the last day of school passed.

I found myself looking at the clocks on the wall more than ever today, and my phone because my attention was one hundred percent focused on Peter.

And the fact his senior high school Graduation was tonight, and after that it would be a matter of months before he embarked on another journey in his life.... miles and miles away from me.

I had come to terms with it, after the not so great ending to what started out to be a good night the other day. Peter and I have been pretty good since, even if I mention how sad I am going to be everyday... he is happy I'm expressing my feeling towards him none the less.

I forgot my phone volume was all the way up when my art teacher glared in my direction after it went off. "I'm sorry" I said sliding in my chair, "dude" Sophia said next to me as she laughed.

"I know, I know" I said shaking my head and turning down the volume before I replied back to Peter.

It was a multimedia message

Peter K ❤:

"I dont wanna be a grown up" 😭😭

Me:

😂 I'm sorry love.. High school is over.. what are you doing?

Peter K ❤:

Just had lunch with dad, I have something to tell you later.

Me:

Oh? Good/Bad?

Peter K ❤:

Eh... mostly bad...

Me:

Ohh..

Peter K ❤:

It's about my parents... long story. Anyways I miss you... I'm ready to see you..

Me:

Aw me too, dang the bell just rang I'll see you in a couple of hours. BIOLOGY 😢

Peter K ❤:

Okay ;) Ily

Me:

Ily 2

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

When the bell to my last tenth grade class finally rang for the last time and school was dismissed for summer.

I found Sophia and we shuffled our way through the crowds of people in the hallway til we reached Peter sitting in his mustang in the parking lot, waiting for us.

"Hey, Hey" he said opening my door from the inside and letting me get in. Sophia trailed in behind me carrying a big bag full of stuff from her messy locker.