Secrets

I was scrolling through my Facebook news feed, to see if Peter had posted anything else today.

While I waited on Sophia to come barging in my room any minute, to talk.

That's when I saw Peter had apparently unblocked Lara Jean from Facebook and added her back as a friend.

Okay..... I thought to myself, surely it was just for platonic reasons. I did after all figure something like this would happen once he did go to school there where she did. I just hope that Lara Jean didn't take it as anything more than Peter being friendly. He was after all a genuinely nice person and I guess it did make me feel better that he knew someone there I just couldn't help but wish it were someone else.

I thought about bringing it up to him, but told myself not to. If it was a big deal he would tell me himself, at least I hoped he would. Or he better, if Lara Jean did anything he knew I wouldn't approve of.

I got a unexpected facetime call from Peter just as Sophia walked through the door.

"Hey beautiful" he said when Sophia stood by the door with her hand on the door knob.

"I'm sorry, I'll come back later" she said trying to leave but I stopped her. She was visibly still upset and I knew she needed me.

"No, stay." I said when she looked at Peter's face on my phone screen.

He waved at her all goofy like.

"I'm sorry P, can we facetime later?" I asked as he sighed but then smiled.

"Of course babe, text me when your ready" he said giving me a kiss over video.

It made me smile.

"Mwaaahhh" I said giving him one back.

"Talk to you later Brown" he said as we both said our I love yous and hung up.

Sophia sat at the edge of my bed with her head hung low playing with her shirt.

"You okay?" I asked sitting my phone down on my bedside table and moving closer to her.

She shook her head and sniffled.

"I'm scared" she said turning around and looking up at me.

I gave her a curious look as I wrinkled my forehead in her direction.

"Scared? Why? Sophia just tell me what's up" I said when she got up and walked towards my window.

"Promise me you won't tell Peter" she said.

It must have been bad, because she wanted me to keep it from Peter.

Which was hard for me, because before yeah he was just her brother I had loved from afar and never had to keep secrets from him, about her unless they involved us both and trying not to get caught. But now that him and I were a couple I didn't like the idea of keeping something from him. Especially since we were pretty open and honest with eachother and I didn't want that to change.

I agreed none the less, hoping whatever it was she could eventually let me tell him.

I saw Sophia start to break down as she tried to speak to me.

"Camreigh..... I-I'm" she said still stalling to tell me.

"Sophia, it's fine. Just tell me" I said when she looked at me crying.

"I'm pregnant" she said as I felt my mouth drop.

It was obviously Kyle's, or I hoped it was but this was a major secret. One I wasn't sure I could keep from Peter.

"What!!??" I exclaimed as she took a seat next to me.

"Exactly what I said......" she said kinda being sarcastic.

"I'm sorry, I'm just in-" I started to say when she cut me off again.

"Shock? Yeah join the club." She said shaking her head.

"Does your mom know?" I asked out of curiosity.

"No, and neither does Kyle and I don't want them to know" she said making me question her even telling me.

"Okay..... then why did you tell me?" I said when she faintly smiled.

"Because I knew you would listen and understand....." she said when my eyebrow raised.

"Understand how?"

"I'm getting an abortion..." she said abruptly making me take a double look at her.

She knew I never supported abortion, and as far as I knew she didn't ethier.
So how could I support this descion she made all on her own without even telling the father of her baby what was going on, before she did such a momunmetal mistake.

"Please I just need a friend. Someone to be there for me.." she pleaded when all I really wanted to do was tell her what a stupid descion she was making and how her mother and ex boyfriend deserved to know... even her brother. It wasn't my body though but I dont know that I could keep this kind of secret for long.

I gave her a saddened look of disappointment and shook my head.

"Okay. I promise" I said immediately regretting it when Sophia wrapped her arms around me with a hug.

"I knew I could count on you" she said as I patted her back.

"Uh-Yeah. Always." I replied looking down at the picture of Peter on my phone. I don't know that I could lie to him, not about this.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

Later that night;

As Peter and I spoke he didn't mention Lara Jean to me, and I didn't mention Sophia's soon to have abortion either.

Which made me feel awful that I was carrying around the fact that Peter would be an uncle, even if he got angry at first. He would eventually be there for her, and understand but i know he wouldn't want her to do the inevitable ethier.

For now I tried to push the subject from my mind, and maybe Sophia would come to the realization that it was the wrong choice... at least I hoped so before Peter asked me about her and I accidently spilled the beans.

I thought about Lara Jean and the situation with Facebook and college and all. I guess if he didn't feel the need to bring her up, than it must be nothing but mearly just a friend in a far off place.

I mean I didn't have anything to worry about right?