How They Met

(A cute story for my followers. also  over 700 reads. my jaw hit the floor. NONE OF MY STORIES ever had that many reads. I FEEL SO LOVED RIGHT NOW! SO this story is how 2 best friends met.)

Varian was only 4, he was already fiddling with stuff, making things out of nothing. Quirin was surprise how smart his little one was. He decided to take his son to see the lanterns, as a small treat for his son being such smart little guy. 

Now standing at the shore, among the trees. Varian was sitting on his dads shoulder, waiting to light there lanterns. 

"Thanks for showing me the lanterns daddy." Varian said smiling. "I can't wait!" he said giggling as his dad chuckled. 

"No problem Varian" he said seeing the lanterns in the distance, began lighting and floating. Soon Quirin Lit both his and Varians lantern. Quirin then let Varian down as they both held the lanterns waiting for the right moment to release them. Varian accident let his lantern slip from his grip seeing it float into the forest.

"OH NO!" he said chasing it into the forest. Quirin ran after his son only to lose sight of him. Varian saw his lantern float farther into the forest, he kept running till he tripped. His knee was now bleeding, gasping and fainting at the sight, unaware someone had see this. She grabbed the lantern and went to see the boy. 

She put the shook the boy, waking him and stood there holding his lantern. 

"Are you okay?" She asked, causing him to look at his leg and gasp. 

"I-I-I'm bleeding....I'm scared of blood!" he whimpered. She then grabbed one of his hand and put had him hold his lantern. she then ripped her sleeve and tied it around his knee. 

"There that should work till you get a proper bandage." she smiled. "And that's your lantern right?" she asked and Varian nodded. 

"Yeah it floated into the forest and I had to get it." he said standing looking at the girl. She wore tone rags and was bear foot.  

"well I just wanted to make sure you didn't lose it." she smiled. "If you want I'll walk you back to the shore." he smiled back at her and nodded.  They began walking back.

"My name is Varian by the way." he said smiling.

"I'm (Y/n)." she smile until. 

"Varian!" shouted a big man, causing (Y/n) to gasp and running to hide behind a tree. "thank god I found you. " Varian looked at the tree. "what wrong?" He asked as Varian walked to the tree and Quirin followed. "Aww who are you sweetie?" he asked in a daddy way to the little girl.

"I'm (Y/n)" she said nervously. 

"She helped me get my lantern and helped cover my boo boo" Varian said, causing  Quirin to smile

"You're not going to take me to the king and have me locked up are you?" she asked tearing. Quirin made a face. 

"No , You helped my son. Thats something you don't get locked up for. What are you doing out here alone sweetie" he asked and she sighed.

"Mommy was a bad person, she stole things a lot. She is in the dungeon, and the guards didn't know she had a daughter." she said, Quirin frowned. 

"Well, you did help my son. And we were going to have some ham and potatoes tonight. How about You come to our place, after we release our lanterns." he offered and she smiled as her stomach growled loudly. "I'll take that as a yes." Quirin smiled as the 3 walked to the shore and watched the lanterns float away into the thousands floating. (Y/n) smiled at Varian who then turned and looked at her. 

Soon once the lights floated away, they began the walk home. From that day, (Y/n) and Varian were always together, best of friends and some day something more.

(requests? just comment below. i am willing to take requests, from lemon to fluff you got it ;D)