Chapter 54

"Mother?" "Yes, Star?" "Why did Grandmother call Cotton Candy a stallion?" He asks. "She...um forgot that Aunt Celestia is marrying her." "Oh, alright." Me and Starswhirl were on our way to open the gates to the festival. "Mother?" "Yes, Star?" "Why is Aunt Celestia marrying a mare?" A tiny bead of nervous sweat fell from my forehead. "Did you hear me mother?" "Um...yes. I-I um, she just wants to me different." "Oh ok, so if I want to be different I could marry a stallion?" "Well no, you can be different by being a unicorn wizard when you grow older. Or something such as that." He nodded but I could tell he was still thinking about it. I landed in front of the gates were to of my two my guards by two of my sister's guards were guarding the door. "Luna, Starswhirl we have quite the crowd out there. " Night Wing trotted up to me leaving his post. "I can tell, Night Wing. I am not blind." "Are you ready to open the gate?" "Yes, Mr. Night Wing my mother said I could open it!" Night Wing looked down at Starswhirl his eyes gleamed with excitement. "Good luck kid." Night Wing moved out of the way so Starswhirl could concentrate. "Just tell me if you need help." I placed a hoof on his shoulder. At first I was nervous for him, if he failed in from I all these ponies they will laugh at him and crush is self confidence. His horn started to glow the gate slowly started to open. I smiled, but then his horn started to glow harder and harder. Then the gate popped open and Starswhirl teleported next to me. "May the Winer's Festival begin!" I said standing in my hindlegs with my right for hoof in the air. Everpony cheered.