Chapter One: Going back

* THIRD-PERSON P.O.V *

Hermione softly set a purring Crookshanks into her basket, while everyone else boarded the train. The whistle blew shrilly, and she quickly began throwing all of her luggage onto the train in a panicky fashion.

"Come on Hermione!" Yelled Ron. The train began to pull out of the station. She ran to keep up with it.

"I-...I can't-" she panted. Ron stuck out his hand, she grabbed it, legs flying. Ron heaved her up with ease, and she wrapped her hands around his neck.

"Thanks," she panted, walking into a compartment and setting Crookshanks's basket down.

"If it weren't for that bloody cat," Ron whispered, laughing a bit.

"Are you alright Harry?" Hermione asked suddenly, scratching Crookshanks behind the ears. Harry was staring out the window, head against the compartment wall.

"Yeah," he said, turning away. "I just can't believe we're going home- I mean," he blushed, "to Hogwarts."

Ginny giggled and took his hand.

"You can call it home."

He smiled at her, cupped her face in his hands and kissed her softly. After ten seconds, Ron coughed loudly, looking pointedly away. They pulled apart, Ginny rolling her eyes, but scooted closer towards eachother.

"If I have to handle another year of you jumping down Harry's and my throats every time we so much as hold hands, I swear I'll hex you."

Harry and Hermione laughed, Ron turned away, and even through all the small teasing and squabbles, Harry knew that this was going to be a pleasnt, happy year.

***