Chapter One

Thunder rattled the walls of the hut, as I lay on the hard-wooden floor. The only source of light coming from the flashes of lightning that raged in the greying sky.

Despite it being the middle of the day, the dark angry clouds blocked out the light of the sun. Covering everything in a bleak gloomy darkness.

The heavy rain hitting the wood of the roof relaxed my tense body. Allowing me some much-needed peace. Twirling strands of my dark brown hair between my fingers, I stared up at the ceiling. Allowing my overactive imagination to create the dreams of my heart.

Lost in the happiness of my minds illusions I didn't hear the creaking door open. Only the loud footsteps that made me jump, out of fear or habit I didn't know yet.

Quickly standing to my feet I automatically bowed my head in a submissive stance. The black dress shoes of the Alpha soon came into my view as he stood inches away from me.

I could faintly feel the heat of his warm breath hit the skin of my face. The smell of his usual sickly aftershave burned my nose. Causing me to take small slow breaths.

The silence that stilled the room made my palms sweat in anticipation. I hadn't had a visit from the alpha in over a week. What did he want?

It wasn't unusual for him to stop by and pay me a visit, in fact it was common. The strange part was how long he hadn't been for. Not that I'm complaining. His presence alone made shivers of fear run down my spine.

" Breya, forgive our intrusion but we have a few things to discuss."

It wasn't the sarcastic tone in his voice that had my head shooting up. Nor was it the bitter way my name sounded from his tongue. It was the actual usage of my name. I hadn't heard it in so long I had almost forgotten it.

To shocked to care for the mistake I was making or notice the pools of anger swirling in his dangerous brown eyes. I didn't realize the sarcastic tone was gone now placed with the feral tone of his wolf. Still, I stood frozen in place reeling over if he had called me by my actual name.

I didn't notice the harsh words he growled at me, nor did I notice the fast-stalking beast stomping towards me. Not until my small body was flung across the room like I was nothing but a rag doll.

I hadn't realized what had happened until my head made contacted on the corner of the wooden table. That sat next to my small fireplace. The sickening sound of my head cracking against the table echoed around the wooden walls.

My vision instantly blurred as I brought my hand up to my now bleeding head. Wincing at the pain it caused me when I lightly brush my fingers against it.

I didn't miss the feeling of the warm liquid that slid down my cheek, as the pain dulled slightly. Realizing what I had done to cause the alphas attack on me I nearly shook my head. How could I have been so stupid, so carless. It was the simplest of rules I had learnt throughout my life here.

I was weaker than every wolf in strength so, to them I was beneath them. Looking into their eyes was forbidden. If I ever did, I paid the consequences. Another reminder of my lack of belonging.

Regaining my senses, I heard his heavy footsteps barrelling towards me. I didn't dare move an inch. I could feel his gruelling presence behind me making every hair on the back of my neck stand in fear.

His rough hand curled in my hair as he pulled my head back. Straining my spine painfully as his fist raised no doubt to cause me more damage. My eyes instantly closed as I awaited the assault of the beast above me.

I hadnt noticed that we werent alone until the sound of beta Harris's voice boomed over the sound of my racing heart.

"Alpha Larsen forgive me but the guests."

The cryptic words of the beta seemed to still the alpha for a moment. His hand released my hair, instantly my body huddled over finding relief in the fact my spine was no longer strained at a painful angle.

The bruising grip on my arms stilled my movements as I was dragged to my feet. His elongated claws punctured the skin on my upper arms drawing more of my blood, as it dropped onto the hardwood floor beneath me.

My back pressed against the alphas front as he wound his face around my neck. I could feel his sharpened canines scrape against the skin of my cheek telling me he was mid shift. I was too scared to move, frozen in fear even breathing felt forbidden.

"What are you?"

His hatred showed through his voice stinging my ears with vibration of the growl that mixed into his word. My lips began to tremble as I thought back the tears that were fighting to fall.

It didn't matter how many times I had been made to say cruel words about myself. It didn't make a difference to the painful ache that was in my chest. I hated degrading myself like he wants me to but what choice did I have. Knowing exactly what he wanted to hear my trembling voice whispered into the night.

"Nothing Alpha"

Letting my body drop to the floor at his feet he stepped over my sore broken body, like I was nothing more than a rotting log. Wanting nothing more than to get away from the monster above me I stayed as still as I could.

His shoes once again in my line of sight. Not daring to look up I stayed on my knees bowed towards the floor. Waiting for his next words and hoping he would leave. My wish came true, but his next words left me just as surprised as when I heard my name.

"The Royals will be paying us a visit in a few days time; they have requested to speak to you. You know what to do when you speak with them. I expect you to stay out of the way for the rest of their stay! Am I clear?"

"Yes alpha"

The sound of his footsteps retreating towards the open door filled my whole body with relief. As soon as the door slammed shut my eyes released the tears of pain as my hands clutched the ache in my heart.

My heart hurt from the constant suffering I lived through. I longed to fill the emptiness in my life, I wanted the pain to stop but I didn't know how it would.

The walls around me seemed to be suffocating me, as I allowed the pain, I felt to be free. Standing onto my wobbly legs I flung the door of my hut open. The night was quickly settling in as the rain still poured relentlessly.

Greedily taking in the fresh damp air allowing it to fill my empty lungs. I closed my eyes feeling the cold drops of rain against my skin. I needed to feel anything other than the pain I felt right now. I needed to find some freedom before I got swallowed whole by the darkness that desperately wanted to consume me.

Running towards the forest that surrounded my hut to find sanctuary between the thick branches of nature. My feet sunk into the watery mud almost causing me to lose balance as I ran into the opening of the trees.

I pushed myself to run despite the stones that cut into the skin of my bare feet as they hit the floor of the forest. My clothes stuck to me like a second skin from the rain as I pushed my weak legs to go deeper into the woods. I didn't know where I was going but I didn't stop until my lungs screamed.

Finally coming to a stop my lungs now burning from the extensive running I had done. My hands rested against the bark of a strong solid oak tree as I regained my ability to think again.

I felt the spark that lived in me stir as I forgot the pain in my heart. Allowing myself to feel everything around me.

I could feel the strong sturdy bark of the tree beneath my fingers. I could feel the drops of rain that softly touched my skin as it snuck through the thick branches of the tall trees. I could feel the soft wet grass under my feet as it cooled down the burning pain that running bare foot had caused me.

If I could feel I would always try to have hope. I would always try so that one day I can know what it's like to live.

A/N

chapter one updated and edited.