Chapter Twenty one

Consumed by my deep slumber I refused to listen to the nagging buzz sounding in my head. Until the familiar strong voice of the beta floated in my mind. Startled I jumped out of my sleep expecting to see him stood over my bed.

My eyes searched the plain walls of my temporary room for the beta but to no avail. Rubbing my tired eyes I nearly jumped of the bed as the btas voice spoke again.

"breya are you awake?"

I had no idea where he was I was really starting to believe I lost my mind. 'I am now' I thought as I pushed out of bed in search of the hiding beta.

"good, what do you say we grab some breakfast?"

Spinning in a full circle my eyes still failed to find the beta. 'where the hell is he?".

" please breya don't curse its still early"

The amusement laced in his voice was  undeniable.

"where are you?"

I felt ridiculous speaking to the walls and was on edge expecting his big frame to jump out any second.

"I am walking to your room"

My eyes widnend in surprise he was in my head. That confirmed the question of last night actually happening.leaving just one to ask.

"how are you in my head?"

"well when you passed out, myself and my friend laced a few strands of the petles to your bobble. This making it possible for us to communicate."

Fear instantly filled me, if he can hear me can everyone else?

"relax breya only me and my... Friend can talk with you, we also have a few strands, only we can communicate thst said we really need to work on your ability to shut us out, you dream weird dreams".

I was in to much shock to respond to his humoured clarification. Quickly dressing into simple black leggings and a dress like thin jumper. I opened the door and was met with a very smug looking beta. The urge to roll my eyes was stronger than I'd ever experienced. I held it back though with years of mastered self control.

My head hurt from all the events over the last few hours. My life went from one extreme to the next. But for the first time in a long time, I felt life spark within me. In the form of excitement, wonder and adventure.

Despite the fact I had two wolves in my head didn't bother me. I finally didn't feel thst alone anymore. I knew I couldn't talk so freely with the beta out loud but we could talk in our heads when ever we wanted. That still made no sense to me and I planned on finding out more about it.

"so can the silver wolf hear me to"

The bets shook with laughter beside me his mumbled up voice dancing around my head.

"the si-llver wolf?"

The same buzzing feeling I felt when the beta woke me up surfaced in my head until the familiar husky voice sent butterflies through me.

"I can hear you breya, wolf is fine for now"

"ok"

His calm voice was addicting, I wanted to hear it again and again. Now I was properly rested I was able to appreciate the melody spoken through his voice.

"sorry"

The betas voice was calmer as we're his silent giggles.

"where are we going?"

Only now had I noticed that we had left the pack house, nerves spiked within me as I realised the pack was awake. I didn't know if I was even allowed to leave my room. The warm hand on my shoulder made me flinch until the betas voice softly spoke.

" it's ok breya, no one is going to hurt you, we want to keep you close to us as much as we can. No one not even that cowidly Larsen has a say so in what you do when your with me".

"ok"

The beta smirk at me before he spoke.

"go on ask"

"why is the alpha unable to ignore you? He is alpha after all I thought no one could control an alpha".

"I don't control him, like how an alpha command works. His wolf knows mine is stronger, to challenge me would be suicide, he knows that."

"how are you stronger than him?"

Walking through the forest seemed to be our thing as we wondered between the thick branches. The silver beast cut into our conversation ad I fired questions at the beta. I wanted to ask as many as I could now someone was answering them.

" he isn't a true alpha,naturally royal wolves are stronger than average wolves in a pack, but colby has an even bigger advantage since Larsen isn't true blooded."

"how do you know this?"

"I told you last night breya Larsens been at the top of our list for a long time, he may be a coward but he isnt stupid, he has been smart making us work for information to bring him to justice, we've discovered many things over the years. But none that gave us cause to be here. "

"why can't the king take his title away? Why all the sneaking around?"

The silver voice spoke firmly as he spoke,sending waves of shivered down my spine.

"we have rules to follow breya, proper ways of doing things, the king can give us permission to lead a more in depth investigation, but he would have declare war against the moonrise pack, leading to more packs to get involved and mor emkves lost than nessasry, thsts why the council is there, and the laws. "

I thought about it for a moment and for the first time I started to look at the wolves in a different light. I knew of their laws, but I didn't realise how seriously they were taken until now. Maybe there's hope for them yet.

"here we are"

The beta announced as we stepped through the trees into the meadow I'd grown so used to. My wooden hut sat in the middle as it always had. A sense of relief flooded me,never did i think I'd be happy to see it.

"breakfast?"

We traped through the long strands of grass coming to the wooden door of my shack.

"what are we doing here?"

"I figured we could talk a little more about the challenge"