Chapter Fifty

A/N: Firstly I want to thank you all for your support and kind words. I also just wanted to let you know that we are nearing the end of the book. There will be two more books to perfectly fragile so a three book series,it's the way I envisioned it when I first began writing. I hope you enjoy the chapter.

Beta colby

Larsen was clever, conniving and cunning he had an answer to everything. A plan mapped out for every turn and obstacle. He had a contingency to everyone of his twisted schemes. Not this time, now we had breya, Jackson, Harris the true alpha of the moonrise pack and the alpha King.

I wouldn't allow the council to involve themselves and ruin the progress we have made. I had suspected for a while now that Larsen had someone on the inside working for him. I high member of the council, wolf was aware also but until we had proof we couldn't fish them out.

They may have ordered for our return but it didn't add up. Firstly they can't order my return because of the challenge, secondly they had issued us more time here they couldn't nullify that without extreme cause. Lastly we had evidence about the pups.

The council wasn't aware that the King was here, we purposely made sure they didn't especially since we suspected betrayal within our very own council. I'm certain Larsen had told them he was but he didn't have any proof as far as they know the king was a mission to find his mate.

Harris left me a little while ago now, he had to be carful around Larsen since his wolf had stepped out of the shadows. If he shown his true aura to Larsen he'd know his wolf had returned and potentially kill Jackson.

We needed more information and having Harris close to Larsen was our best move. I'd sent Leo to deal with the council and to narrow down suspects the last thing we needed was for this to get out.

"Beta Asher and finn are awake"

Evan our lead fighter informed me, instantly I began to make my way to the pack hospital I needed to know what had happened. Soon i was rushing through the hospital doors, as soon as my eyes landed on my friend and pack member relief washed over me.

" Asher what happened?"

Concern flashed through his eyes, fearful of my response knowing Breya had been taken from under his protection.

"Beta I'm sorry, I.. I met my mate..."

At the mention of his mate my ears perked up I watched his face harden in a way I never had before. Asher was calm and laid back anger was never really his go to.

"thats grea..

His sharp voice cut.me.of his wolf fighting through the poison to the surface.

" no it isn't... She is a nurse she was the one who poisoned me amd finn "

Shock must of been written on my face then sympathy to both Asher and his newly found mate. I understood that Asher felt betrayed maybe even rejected by his mate. I knew however how encouraging her alpha could be, rejection in mates is rare mostly unheard of. So I highly doubted she did it out of choice.

"Asher I'm sorry, I know this must be hard for you. Do you know her name?"

He looked away as is vocie turned to one of pain.

"Chloe"

I didn't need to question him anymore, he clearly needed time to deal with all of this. As soon as I left the room wolfs vocie was practically dancing through my head.

"colby she is alive, I've just spoken to her."

At hearing his words I took a breath in hadn't realised I needed.

"do you know where she is?"

"no but she mentioned being somewhere in the mountains. Jackson is being held there aswell. I need you to get cora to find out everything she can about a Dr. Mallic"

Without hesitation I mindlinked cora, now I needed to speak with a certain Nurse. When I stepped out side Larsens face was the last I needed to see. My body tensed as I encouraged my wolf to settle.

"you know Beta you really shouldn't bark at the wrong wolf, we don't take kindly to dogs interfering with our business"

I couldn't surpress the growl that over powered me, I didn't need any encouragement from him I was already eager to rip his head from his body. Before I could respond Harris whispered into Larsen ear. Whatever he said caused his grin to widen. Nodding at the true alpha Larsen left without another word.

Satisfied he was out of sight I approached Harris speaking low enough for him to hear.

"do you happen to know a nurse by the name chloe?"

Once I knew where to find her I made my way to her house, determined to get answers. My knuckles collided with the door in an impatient rasp. The tiny frame of a women appeared in the door her bug green eyes red from crying, her tear stained cheeks making me remember how sensitive this situation was. Calming my beast down before I spoke as gently as I could at the moment.

"chloe?"

She gave a slight nod, but seemed to be standing on pins, I was all to aware of the reason for that. I could see the fear and devastation battling within her. Her wolf fighting a battle between betraying her alpha or her mate.

"can i come in? I promise your not in any kind of trouble"

Hesitantly she opened the door, her home was completely trashed. Furniture was torn apart, wallpaper ripped and shredded. I quickly spun to look at her now noticing the thick lip she was sporting. Before I could speak she was teem long out apologies. I watched as her legs gave out as fear and pain gripped her.

"immm I'm so so so sorry I had no choice, I don't know where they took her I swear I don't you have to believe me ple..

I quickly knelt on the floor resting my hand over hers. Her eyes flew to look at mine shock evident in her eyes.

" it's alright chloe, I need to ask you a question, I just need you to nodd I promise you will be protected from Larsen ok."

Nodding her head as the tears spilled from her eyes i continued.

"did Larsen command you to poison my wolves?"

Squeezing her eyes shut as she thought against her alphas command I was amazed when she succeeded. Her head Nodding up and down as a releaving breath left her lips.

"thankyou, I have my best warrior outside your door his name is Evan no one is going to hurt you"

Holding her hand I lifted her to her feet my hand clasped the door handle when her delicate voice met my ears.

"can... Can I see him?"

I knew Asher was hurt, at the thought of his mate hurting him. However she had right to pleed her case I knew once he seen the state she was in the bond would take over.

"follow me"

As soon as the door to Ashers room was opened he growled out his displeasure. Clearly he scented her. He wasn't looking towards as he spat out words.

"get her away from me"

"Asher look at her now!"

He snapped his head towards us his eyes changing from angered to concern instantly. Taking thst as my que I decided to give them some privacy.

"b..beta?

" Jamie what's wrong? "

" rouges "

Fury instantly lit my body alive,

"how many?"

It's bizzare to think that after everything I'd uncovered and learned of Larsen , this actually surprised me.

"hundreds"