Chapter Nineteen

It's impossible to believe that just one moment can changed everything. Tonight I experienced my raw pain and the darkness that threatened to overcome me. Yet in this moment right now I've never felt more 'alive'.

It didn't matter that my body was sore and screaming for me to be still. It didn't matter that I'd come so close to letting go of it all. The pain, suffering, torture and sadness didn't matter. Because right now none of them things existed.

All that did was me and the silver beast. It didn't matter who we were. Just that we were in this moment together. It didn't matter where we were going and what was going to happen next. Because I allowed myself to let go.

I welcomed the sting of the cold as it stung the exposed skin on my body. I welcomed the energy that burst through me as I felt my soul come alive. Raising from the pitts to experience the joy that over took the dark moments in my life.

The beast strong legs carried us through the over grown forest like we were nothing more than light weight feather. Weaving thought the branches of the trees and leaping over the fallen logs with nothing but esse.he was the definition of powerful.

Eventually the silver beast began to slow his fast pace gently trotting along the river. Still trying to catch my breath from the pure excitement and adrenaline that was still flowing through me.

Looking ahead I first noticed the wster fall. The sounds of the water rushing down to hit the river filled my ears. The second thing I noticed was that the beast was walking straight towards it.

Coming to the cliff there was a narrow walkway leading to the back of the water fall. The stone of the cliff was wet and slippy from the sprays coming of the gushing water.The silver beast Stepps were carful and smooth as he travelled the path.

Rounding the corner we entered a dark gloomy cave. My vision instantly cut if from the pitch black hole in the wall. Cold chilled my body as shivers ran up and down my spine. The sound of the water was deafening as it echoed between the empty walls. Still the beast continued on.

Cowering my body closer to the beast as nerves began to flicker within me. Trying to cling onto the warm rising from his body. I had no idea in which direction we were going so I just closed my eyes to try and shake away the slivers of doubt and unwanted anxiety.

Coming to a stop the beast howld the echo in the cave sounded like a thousands wolves singing in harmony. Goosebumps formes against my brittle skin as I began to experience an emothinf I wasn't to sure of.

Biting back a scream that was at the tip of my lungs. The cave began to rumble like an earthquake shook the earth. Soon the bright light that shone through the cave made me flinch as I squeezed my eyes shut.

I felt the beast begun to walk again. The gentle sounds of birds singing a beautiful melody met my ears encouraging me to open my eyes. Slowly I fluttered my eyes open blinking a few time ti get used to the bright light.

My body froze as did my mind as I tried to digest the scene in front of me. I'd been by this waterfall my whole life and never did I know this place existed. I believed very much so that this was a dream. It couldn't possibly be real.

Beautiful fresh green grass coated the floor as a flurry of different colored flowers rose between the strands of grass. A gentle stream with the clearest blue water flowed between where we were and the island that sat alone.

Sat on the island was an enchanting blossom tree. Soft petles of white and pink created the perfect mix. The branches curled over far enough to touch the gentle stream.

Snapped out of my thoughts and the mesmerising moment I was experiencing. The beast gentle lowered him self to the ground. Getting the messaged a quickly slid of his back my feet meeting the sofe grass beneath them.

The beast began to walk towards the stream I slowly follwed suit wanted to know what lay beneath the beautiful branches of the tree. Gentle I stepped over the slow paced water looking after the now dissappearing figure of the beast.

My hands gently caressed the soft petles and sturdy branches as I carefully made room for myself to get through. Hidden beneath the tree was a gient pedastool. A circular silver bowl sat gracefully on its perch. Like the stream, gentle flowing water rippled in the bowl.

My thoughts began to move again as I thought 'what is this place'.

"it's a sacred gift from the moon"

The gruff voice of a male spoke. His voice was silky and husky all at the same time. Sending waves of butterflies to my already unsteady stomach. Turning towards the bast expecting to see his human in place I was shocked to the core as I was met with the same wolf I was growing used to.

Shaking my head I thought 'I must of imagined it'

"you didn't I'm speaking to you through our minds. I can also hear your thoughts so be carful on what you think about, I don't want to pry into secrets your yet ready to tell me willingly."

"whaaa--- howww... How is that possible. I'm not a wolf I can't mind link?"

Even in my head my voice was trembling.

"this place has long been forgotten by the moonrise pack, you see Alpha Larsen is not a true alpha, he isn't alpha by true blood. Only true alphas know of these sacred places and only they and that if royal blood can enter. So right now as it stands this is nothing but a myth "

" but how can you talk to me through our minds?".

"the branches that bine this tree are linked to the sacred properties of the stream. It's said that the moon blessed us thus gift to help with certain things.. Such as communication between wolves not linked or to the human kind. The dome that filters the water is there to help wolves find their true mates"

My mind couldn't process what was happening I felt like I'd been sucked into the pages of narnia. I had to be dreaming this was impossible.

"I can assure you breya you are not dreaming, what I say is true.your alpha not being connected to the moon by truth means he has no idea this place exists. If he did then life within the pack would prosper.making this the perfect place for us to meet."

" what does any of this have to do with me? "

" your knowledge. We were informed by someone within this very pack that there was a human girl living here. The fact Larsen hadnt declared this to the Royal council breaks many of our laws. But it's not enough to revoke his stolen title. We've been trying to pin the mutt for years but unfortunately we havnt had the right opportunity. "

" but you do now? "

" yes, we were also informed about the suffering you were living through. Giving us the perfect reason to show up. I'm afraid our informant couldn't give us anymore than they had. They disclosed that you held the answers we seek. "

"so I'm just supposed to trust you and tell you everything I know? I don't even know your name of if what you speak is true"

"your right, but trust works both ways breya however I'm afraid our time limit won't allow for us to fully build on that. Leaving us both in a position where we have to take a leap of faith.any questions you ask Im happy to answer"

I tried hard to process everything thst was happening but I couldn't quite believe it. But one thought stood out the most leaving no room for me to question my self I looked at the beast as I spoke.

"who are you?"