Chapter Forty Eight

Breya

Being imprisoned my whole life had taught me to deal with situations like this. My whole life I'd been fearful of the unknown torture that was lurking in the shadows of my monsters. It didn't matter in which form they were in, it all ended the same.

Dr. Mallic would be no different, I'd endured a life time of pain and I was surely going to face more. A fate I'd long ago accepted. The strange part in this was not being alone,it dug up a strange realisation within me.

Jackson once my friend,enemy and now companion. Because of him, because he was here I refused to allow fear to guide me. Now I wasn't stupid enough to let go of it but I woild be smart enough to use it.

It was an inevitable risk trusting Jackson, but as I sat on the cold rocky floor of our prison and his head gently rested across my legs I had new questions, new realisations and curiosities. Maybe it was naivety that these thoughts were born but regardless they were there.

Right now he was vulnerable to even me, weakened and unconscious yet in his weakest hour he was trying to help me providing me with his heat. He defended me when he had no reason to, no leverage not even his strength.

I had been able to study him, his face, his scares and his battered body. I'd been allowed time to think to conclude to analyse. This only made me more determined to fight. I watched as his face consorted into Discomfort then to peaceful.

Beads of sweat trailed down his face,his breathing slowing to a near stop before speeding up in a panicked rave. I traced my fingers across The scar that lingered on  his skin and for the firs time since he betrayed me I Questioned the reasoning behind everything.

Why had he done what he did? Was it even a choice?. In this moment I found myself being grateful for my humanity. I didn't have a beast forcing me to bow to the command of another. Granted I didn't get to choose my path but I finally realised I'd had more choice in my life than anyone in this pack did.

Unlike Jackson I was replaceable, I had no one who loved me, cared for me or someone to miss me. He did. The silence of the prison had allowed me time to reevaluate my life and what I wanted. Before I broke I wanted love, freedom, happiness.

Now, I knew I'd never be able to live among my kind. Humans. I knew to much of this world this species. I'd forever be looking over my shoulder wondering if they would kill me. I wouldn't be able to forge friendships, love or family. I'd be to afraid because I know I'm powerless to these creatures.

I could never live with these beast. I'd never be accepted, I'd always be an outcast and easy target and my soul was to damaged to come back from anymore suffering, but I wouldn't give up my fight not yet.

So now all I wanted was freedom. I wanted my soul to be free to live in peace where no more harm could come for me. I had no idea what Dr. Mallic had in store for me, I did however know it wouldnt be pleasant.

I knew when the time came if I was presented an opportunity to escape then that is what I would do. I couldn't rest in peace knowing alpha Larsen could still torment and harm others. I needed Jackson to be free, so he could learn to forgive himself. So his lost family could be proud of him with out the evil of Larsen holding him down.

I'd seen the innocent boy, I seen the pain in his eyes but I also seen the light. I needed the pack to be free, the royal wolves, the pups even the humans. The whole world needed to be cleansed from him.

I wasn't afraid of the pain and I wasn't afraid to die. I was afraid I wouldn't make it long enough to fulfil the only dream that I had left. Until the familiar voice buzzed in my head reminding me of the magic thst sat within my bobble.

"Breya?"

Tears swelled in my eyes as his concerned voice filled my heart with warmth. He was looking for me. I could feel it relief washing over me he made me feel like the burden of my life wasn't as heavy as I thought. A gift I thought I'd never have.

"I'm here wolf"

"Breya where are you? Are you ok? I'm sorry..im so so sorry we didn't se this coming"

A smile pulled at my lips as I listened to him fumble over his words afraid I'd disappear before he could ask me everything he wanted to.

"I'm ok wolf, I'm in some kind of prison in the mountains. Jackson is with me, but he has been poisoned"

"Jacksons with you?.. Breya can you tell me anything else, who is has you? I know Larsen is still in the pack so who did this?"

"there's a man his name is Dr. Mallic. I don't know if he is a wolf, but I think he is working with alpha. He said he had waited a long time to meet me."

Silence, followed by an array of growls clustering my mind, wolfs disapproval heard loud and clear.

"did he say anything else? Me and the rest of the royal pack are looking for you.. Anything you can tell us will help"

"he said we would be properly acquainted by tonight. Honestly he seems unhinged"

I couldn't find a more fitting word for the lunaticic man I'd met. The movement of Jackson forces me to look down his eyes slightly open as he pushed himself up. His groans of discormt compelled me to try and help him, but he waved me of resting his back against the wall he looked at me.

"Breya I promise we will find you"

The determination in wolfs voice was empowering making my own determination grow. Jackson squinted his eyes at me, probably finding it harder to see me now night was settling in.

"Breya what's wrong?"

I though on his last words to me before he fell asleep, he wanted me to trust him I guess now was my only chance to see if I could. I ahd to brush the afraid anxious broken human aside and be brave to achieve what I wanted. It didn't stop my heart from reaching before I took that leap of faith.

"Jackson there's something I need to tell you, but your going to think I've lost my mind"

Concern seemed to falsh through his eyes before he nodded for me to continue.

"I can contact the royal pack through my mind, just like how you mindlink in the pack."

Shock was evident in his face, before he managed to breath out his question.

"how?"

"it dosnt matter how, but there going to help us both.. Thier coming for us "