Chapter Forty Three

Beta colby

"what just happened colby? That wasn't part of the plan?"

Jamie's unsure voice echoed in my mind as I made my way back to the pack hospital. I understood his confusion, he had yet to witness Breya and wolf together. He was yet to understand but that didn't stop my wolfs vicious growl for questioning our King.

" I meant no disrespect to our king Beta, but ever since his call we've had an issue with a certain wolf !"

I knew he didn't jamie was a relaxed fun kind of wolf, but when it came down to the mission and what was important his dedication was unbending. I growled again as I neared the hospital knowing I'd have to attempt dealing with Larsen.

Rather than questioning the doctors on why Breya wasn't awake. As soon as my wolf came into view i seen Asher stood with his head bowed to me.

"Beta, she hasn't woken yet in fact there have been very little updates".

"get me some clothes I've got to go a deal with Larsen first, apply pressure on the doctors I want a full report on Breya condition by the time I'm done, have Nova and Ivy investigate the lead on the pups in the meantime".

Nodding he was quick to get to work on my lost of commands. Soon finn was walking towards me with some shorts and t-shirt.

"finn I want you outside Breya door until I arrive back, the only people permitted into that room are Asher and the doctor"

Firmly he nodded, finn had always been mute I'd come accustomed to reading his expressions. I never knew the reason behind it but I'm pretty sure jamie did. They were odd together considering Jamie's out goin nature and Finns reserved stotic type personality.

As soon as I descended the steps to the underground bunker behind the packs house I could smell the horror that was their prison. The dingy underground had little air making it harder to breath, the smell of blood sweat and damp filled my nose. I shivered at the chill in the air as my footsteps echoed down the concreat hallway.

Rusted metal bars coated in silver sat against  each cell as chains lay in the floor. Following my nose I found Jamie outside a cell bigger than the rest.

Sat in the middle was Larsen, my beast instantly sneered in distaste I was suddenly thankful for the silver bars securing him inside. As soon as his eyes landed on me his lips formed a smug smirk.

"she dead yet?"

Unable to control my beast we snarled viciously towards the monster behind the bars. We were already willing to rip the bars away from the crumbling cemented walls.

"take that as a no, the runt always enjoyed out staying her welcome, no matter what I do though she just won't die"

If I didn't know what he was talking about or who, I'd genuinely believe the look of sadness on his face. He spoke as if she was a burden, as if she had done him wrong it was mind blowing how easy it was for him to be cruel.

"watch your tongue Larsen before you don't have one left!"

A bitter laugh escaped his lips as he stood to his feet. I could see the internal struggle he was having with his wolf as he fort against the urge to submit to my beast.

"your in no position to threaten me boy!"

My eyebrows furrowed at the certainty in his voice, again he regain his sickly composer replacing his scowl with a look of victory. Coming closer to the bars he released a vindictive grin.

"tell me Beta, what would the council say about you treating me this way? With no evidence to support your theories? Better yet how would they react to the Kings presence despite them not authorising it?.

I felt my flesh burn where the bars touched my exposed skin, brushing the pain away I kept my hand firmly against the throat of Larsen.

"the council does not control the King! Once they hear of what you've done to Breya, to your pack to our pups your punishment will be far more serve than this dingy cell."

Again his eyes sparkled in pure delight as I spoke. I was beginning to feel sorry on the wolf trapped with this animal! I watched his wolf struggle in his eyes as he tried to take control.

Soon the sound of footsteps echoed around forcing me to release my hold on Larsen. Jamie stiffened beside me as he anticipated if there was any kind of threat. My eyes glanced  over to be met with Beta Harris.

I was about to question him until Larsens voice practically beamed from behind me.

"ahhh seems the council has heard of the shortcomings of you royal mutts, guess my time in here is done"

I all but fumed as the beta hesitantly passed me the paper the council had sent. Ordering Larsens release, as well as our return.how the fuck has he managed that?.

As soon as I heard the screech of the metal door opening my ears cringed. I didn't look at him as he placed a calloused hand on my shoulder.

"you know next time the King wants to visit my humbled pack he should really consider making me aware of his presence".

Jamie quickly snarled pinning Larsen to the wall between two cells. Clearly the interaction had become to much for his wolf to handle as his claws sat pressed against Larsen kneck. He was defending his king, unable to accept the utter disrespect Larsen showed. Gently I pulled him away from him, allowing him to walk past us.

"don't worry Larsen, you will be back where you belong when they hear what you've done to breya"

He froze making me believe he was right where I wanted him, I shoild never of been that naive. As soon as the words left his mouth I knew, i should of seen it coming he wouldn't of told us his secret it was all apart of his vindictive plan. His all knowing smirk plastered in his face as he turned to me. Nothing but victory danced in his amused eyes as he feigned innocence.

"

"Tell me Beta? Who is Breya?"