Chapter Twenty

I felt like I was in a dream or some other form of dimension. It seemed to be the only logical answer for all of this. I already lived in a world that shouldn't exist, how was any of this possible. I don't think I'd actually processed any of what the silver wolf had explained.

All my life I'd been forced to be mute, hold back my questions, thought and opinions.Yet here I am stood in this enchanting place, with the silver beast who I wasn't entirely sure I could trust. Talking to him through my mind,and questioning him.

I felt my stomach flip the more everything floated through my mind. I had a million and one questions I could of asked. Yet the only one forcing its way out of my overly curious mind. Was who was he?.

Nervously I played with my fingers building up the courage to stand here an wait for his response. I thought over the question wondering if I truly wanted to know answer.

"does it matter?"

His deep voice filled my mind once again, startling me a little. I don't know if I was confused or annoyed by his question. He wanted my trust how was that supposed to happen if we were strangers?. Coaching myself to be brave just a while longer I lofted my eyes to his.

My plan was to look him in the eye while I firmly stated 'yes' but no words echoed around my mind as our gazes met. Like a spell had been cast we were lost in the souls of each other once again.

All my questions, all my anger, fear, and knowledge gone. Everything melted away as I searched his orbs once more. Trying to install every detail of them into my mind. Carfull not to miss anything.

His own eyes bore into mine as he was lost to the binding spell we were under. His familoar and mysterious aura only had me looking harder. No sounds were heard as I became wrapped up in the moment with the beast.

The nagging throb returned making me blink, breaking the spell we became trapped in. The pain only began to intensify by the second. From head it cursed through my body like lava burning the earth.

Every inch of my body was full to the brim of red hot pain. My body fell to the ground as screams sounded from my lips. As desperate pleas for the pain to stop. No where was left un touch as I wrack with the fury of the pain.

Slowly it began to stop leaving behind gentle reminders of the unbearable pain. Only making me fear it would return. Every inch of me tense yet lifeless as every bit of engery I possessed disapated into nothingness.

"breya please talk to me? What's happening?"

The silver wolfs words were nearly confused as my own as I regain my ability to think back. My mind began to wonder as I spoke the next few words.

"you.. Your doing this to me."

My words were meant as a statement and not a question. It all made sense he had to be. This had never happened to me before yet everytime I'm in his presence I'm attacked by the pain.

"breya I can assure you I don't possess the ability to harm anyone without touching them.when are you going to believe that my intention is not to harm you?"

I could feel his frustration as it simmered off of him in waves. Pushing my frail tired body into a sitting position I sat against the bark of the tree. Unable to hold my own weight.

" you already do hurt me."

The fact was simply that he had hurt me. He had ensured I ended up in the packs hospital with stitches in my head.

"that isn't something I'm proud of. I hadn't intended on doing that to you, but it was my only choice. I don't expect your forgiveness but I owe you an explanation"

I'd never been offered an explanation as to why the wolves hurt me. I would be lieing if I said I didn't want to know.

"I'm listening"

"I was roaming the territory when my wolf and I felt restless, I knew something was wrong but wasn't quite sure what. By the time I found you chained to the tree, you were almost dead. Panick took over me. Your skin was grey as your lips were blue. Your body was limp, and unmoving. Only the faint mist that formed around you nose told me you were breathing. Like beta colby I also can not hear your heart beat. "

He paused for a moment his voice seeming sad, and unsure. I wanted to run my fingers through his warm fur to comfort him. It felt like a need I could barley control.

" after I took you to the cave and began a fire I knew you needed rest. My plan was to bring you here, and after seeing the state you were in I was going to leave you here, where you would be safe. But by the time you woke up morning had began to rise, as did the pack and they discovered you were gone."

I thoight back to that night, fluttering over the details I remember. I remember the howls from the pack. I remember the fear I felt at the thought of them finding the beast.

"you tried to run but I knew they would have eaten you alive. My only option was to knock you out. I wasn't yet aware of the extent of the cruelty within this pack until then. I recommended that beta colby come early to make sure you were safe. To make sure they couldn't hurt you anymore. Which is why he is here early. There are more members of the royal pack joining him soon. I hope you believe me when I say I'm sorry I hurt you. I don't know why and I can't explain it breya but my wolf feels almost protective over you, you seem familiar to us ".

By the time he finished explaning why he had hurt me. I couldn't control the stray tears that crepted down my face. I wanted to believe his words. I wanted to believe that someone could care that much about me. But it would break me to know it was lie. I knew he was telling the truth about his feelings bevause ei felt it to.

I couldn't even begin to try and understand everything right now. But I had a choice to make and I was willing to make it. With every bit of strength I had I spoke to the silver beast.

"it matters, but if you cant tell me who are right now then I won't quest. I've made my choice."

Taking a deep breath and question my sanity.

"I will help you"