Chapter Thirty Nine

Beta colby.

I was ready, more than ready to go against everything I believed in, everything I, we had worked so hard for. After id managed to pry my eyes away from the scene in the basement every fibre of my being was ready to rid this world of the evil Larsen brought to it.

Her face, an imagine I was certain would never leave my mind. Her eyes held a pain that was indescribable, her tiny frame shook with fear in a way I'd never seen before, her lips trembled with emotion I was sure she couldn't handle.

The worst wasn't even the horror that flashed in her wide tearful eyes, it was the exposure that was written in her face. The realisation of what ever it was she went through in this complete hell.

I felt anger at the fact we hadn't gotten here sooner, all these years spent on trying to find a way to intercept this monster. Meanwhile she was tortured, pups were sold both robbed completely of their lives, innocence and love. Because one man, if I can even call him that decided thsts what their fate would be.

As soon as wolf had found Breya I found myself releasing a breath of relief. Then my body moved into action as my beast roared with unbelievable hatred. A feeling I couldn't  recall ever feeling.

The look on my packs face didn't affect me, my beast practically took the reins ready to slaughter our prey, laresen. I could feel his need his hunger for his blood as I began to march towards the pack house.

I didn't even try to calm him, I didn't want to I wanted to do this, in fact I felt I had to. He thought he was going to get away with it, but he was wrong. My wolf grumbled in agreement as he licked his lips in anticipation. Only fueling my body to move faster.

The crippling growl that left me forced Jamie to submit as he attempted to block my path.

"move!"

Was the only word that left my lips, until Asher, Leo and Nova joined him in his attempts to stop me.

"all of you move!"

I all but boomed as I felt my self control dwindling by the second.

"Beta you can't"

I felt the heat in my body rise as my wolf began to force his way out. Field by not only anger towards Larsen but by the defile of our pack. Then ashers voice spoke stopping my wolf for a brief moment.

"Beta, listen I seen her face to but before you storm in thier just ask yourself this, does she deserve this? Or does she deserve justice for what he has done?"

Growling towards him out of frustration jamie began to speak again.

"she deserves a say in this, not only that she needs to see we are human just as much as we are wolves, she will never trust us if we go against our word! Our laws"

He growled the last bit his own wolf unable to take the truth he spoke. But they were right, Breya deserved a chance to get justice, she deserved to know the true meaning behind being a wolf. The pups deserved a chance to see the man who destroyed their lives suffer.

Despite my wolfs frustration and my own we knew we had to calm down. I still had to confront him but I wasn't sure Id be able to keep my teeth to myself like this.

"Asher I want a full report on our findings now!"

Still riled up I watched as he scrambled to find his notes and pictures. All my pack members surrounded me a waiting ashers briefing. All of us desperately wanting to know if we found anything useful.

"right ok, so we have the fact they had a human imprisoned against her will, we took a dna sample from the mattress all we need is to match it up to Breya for our physical evidence and the picture we took.

" we also have the note, along with that we have tee fact that myself and nova examined each room and recorded the evidence to indicate that the whole place was set up, each room was staged to look abandoned. We found supporting evidence to our claims that people still lived her up until a few days ago. The note is basically Larsen admitting to setting it up"

"Leo found files in the office space of pups who have been adopted into the pack, which could help our investigation with the missing pups...

He audibly gulp as he spoke the  next part, his voice going from professional to unsteady as he recalled the haunting images of t he basement.

"then there is the basement, the blood being breyas only helps support our claims of imprisonment, but the fact that their is weopons made of silver also helps, this being an orphanage for housing pups in is more than illegal, this should force the councils hand to bring the king in, and grant us infinite time here to investigate further ".

I was beyond relieved to hear that we had found enough, but it still didn't stop me from reeling with anger. But it was enough to calm my beast this was going in the right direction. Now all I needed to do was talk to Larsen without ripping his head of.

"Jamie you and Asher contact the council I want to the appropriate paperwork in the next half an hour"

"then what?"

Novas determined vocie sounded around me forcing me to look at her with that same look of determination.

"then we turn this pack upside down"

Murmurs of agreement sounded out among my pack, Asher and Jamie had already dissappeard to do what I asked leaving one thing left to do before I confronted Larsen.

"how is she?"

The long pause made me nervous, I felt guilty for letting her run into the night and not handling our findings better.

"colby I've never, I've never seen anyone hold as much pain as she has. I don't know whats going on but my wolf yearns to protect her, to comfort her..

I cut him of no longer skirting around the question that's been playing in my mind.

" you..y..you don't think, is it possible for her to be?

I couldn't finish the sentence because if it were true, then not being able to scent her, would surely drive his wolf to insanity. We really had to get to the bottom of all this and fast. Somehow he finished the question for me.

"my mate?"