Chapter Eight

I could feel the gravel beneath the thin cotten blanket the beta had placed down for me. Presumably to make me more comfortable, unfortunately the gravely ground just irratated the bruises that littered my legs.

Trying hard to keep calm and still I attempted to concentrate on my breathing, turns out that made me worse. The harder I tried to be calm the more anxious I became. The beta hadn't spoken since we left making the silence between us unbearable for me. I just wanted it to be over with the longer I had to anticipate the outcome of all this, the worse it became in my mind.

Again I was my own worse enemy, no one was doing anything and yet I couldn't control to overwhelming emotions I felt. I could feel the way my body reacted to the anxiety I felt. Like it was pushing itself out of me forcing me to feel its wrath.

My cheeks felt hot and tight like it was stretching to its fullest. My palms cold but clamy, my lips felt tingly as if I wasn't breathing in enough oxygen. My hands arms and legs felt wobbly like they had no strength, my stomach felt like I was dropping from the sky making me feel inevitably sick.

I just wanted it all to stop, in all my life I'd never experienced this level of anxiety. I was starting to see the effects of being in isolation had on me. I used to be void of emotion to these creatures I was almost an expert in hiding them. Now I'm a complete mess a literal shadow of my past self.
I nearly jumped ten feet back when the betas voice boomed out into the quiet surrounding us.

"breya are you alright?"

Nodding in a quick response I averted my eyes to my finger nails, awaiting his explanation of why I'm here and what he wants with me.

"you know I can sense everything around me, smell, hear and see, it's how I know none of your alphas minions followed us here. Yet with all my abilities I can't sense you"

Confused was understatement,i already knew wolves had incredible abilities and senses, especially the royal wolves, how couldn't he sense me what did that even mean. Either he read my confused body language or my mind because he seemed to answer my unspoken questions.

"I can't hear your heartbeat like I can hear the dears hiding within the forest over there, I can't sense your presence like I can sense the birds in the sky, but what's even more peculiar is I can't smell you, everything has a scent...

He came closer after pointing out his examples and held his hand out in front of me. Cautiously I placed my hand in his and allowed him to pull my weak body from the ground. He inched closer to me my line of sight cut of by his broad chest.

"but not you. "

I felt his breath fan my face as he gently spoke I could hear his intake of breath as he attempted to inhale my scent. At this point I genuinely thought he was crazy I've lived with wolves my whole life surely if they couldn't scent me they would of told me in some form of insult.

"do you mind if I change I want to try something?"

I was pretty sure he meant into a wolf and I couldn't hide the tremble that took on a life of its own as I thought of being at the mercy of another wolf. The silver beast ran through my mind as I thought about our last encounter. Why did he rescue me to hurt me, my naive trust was gone replaced with question and doubt. It made no difference my lack of trust because again I really didn't have a choice.

"don't worry breya I won't harm you, your going to have to trust me"

I was seriously starting to believe he could read my mind. Hesitantly nodding the beta skipped round me and walked into the forest opening. Leaving me to look at the view infront of me.

The river had always been a beautiful place. Calming and inviting, breathing in the fresh air allowing it to cleanse my lungs and helping me to relax a little. I allowed my hetic mind a moments peace.

I watched the gentle ripples of the water be gentle pulled by the flowing current. Watching as the rippled reflections of the forest pasted by. I listened to the gentle flow and the songs of the birds as the calming cold breeze grazed my burning hot cheeks, and for moment I was nowhere near wolves and their torment I was alone and free.

Soon I heard the footsteps of the betas beast bringing me out of my own minds refuge. Instantly my body froze, trying hard to make as little movement as possible. I felt his warm wet snout gently nudge my shoulder. Realising he wanted me to face him I turned my eyes to the ground before I slowly turned to face the beast in front of me.

Slow tremors made their way down my body as I was met with another oversized wolf.The only difference was his fur ,it was a beautiful shade of sandy blonde and he was a few inches smaller than the silver beast, but by far bigger than any average wolf. He was beautiful I couldn't deny that nor could I hide my envy of these creatures. My eyes were firmly placed on his huge paws awaiting his next move.

Slowly he started to circle my small body walking around me in a slow steady pace. Every now and then I'd hear him sniff the air around us making me unconsciously jump a little. I hated that I was a slave to their demands but what else was I supposed to do.

I though talking with the beta would provide me some answers, but inevitably this meeting has only left more burning questions in my mind. Under the watchful eye of the betas wolf I tried to control the tremble that shook my body. Out of fear worry I didn't even know anymore.

The ground shook as the beta let out vicious growls. My eyes instantly closed awaiting my onslaught but it never came. Still the growls shook my body as I slowly opened my eyes to be met with the same green orbs I'd come so familiar with.

The silver beast stepped out from behind the trees as we entered yet another trance. Captured by each others souls the beta wolf was forgotten as I found myself lost in the soul of the silver beast.