Chapter Twenty Three

I hated that every part of my body was robotic to the alphas command. Whatever he willed of me I'd succumb. No matter how much I wanted to protest or fight against him. His grip on my arm only tightened as he digested the betas threat.

His other clawed hand smoothed over the frail skin of my face. Sending disgusted shivers down my body. Again he was playing with his prey but I wernt entirely sure who his prey was right now.

"my sweet breya, don't be scared I won't let the 'runt' hurt you"

His sickly put on voice made me sick to the stomach, I knew he wasn't actually insulting the beta. He was reminding me of my place here .

"you know how I don't like to be threatened breya don't you? Tell me do you think I'm wrong in believing that the all mighty beta has done just that?"

I wasn't exactly sure if he wanted to answer. My brain debated over what I should do before raging a war inside my head.

" agree with him"

The betas voice was soft but firm, far from the image he was portraying it was hard to believe he was the same person right now. His words confused me but before I followed his instruction I needed to know where he was going with this.

"why?"

"he is testing you, I can sence his doubt a mile away. He believes your loyal to him out of fear, you need to feed his ego he needs to think he still has you under his control "

My mind quickly mulled over his explanation, but I didn't have much time to debate it as the alphas grip became tighter almost making me protest.

"no alpha your not wrong "

I could feel his warm breath against my ear as he gently chuckled. He quickly pulled me behind him making sure he blocked my view of the beta.

"breya needs to go home,i believe we have things to resolve "

Beta colby didn't reply as footsteps sounded behind me. Like I was a rag doll a hand tugged at my arm pulling me out of the small hut and into the over grown feild. I had no idea who was gently pulling me along until we made it into the forest.

"does it hurt?"

I nearly allowed my shock to control my actions as Jackson usual hateful tone was replaced with one I wasn't sure he had anymore. Soft and maybe even caring. I wasn't sure what he was actually referring to so I decided not to answer.

"your arm"

Gently spoken he clarified hjs question. Looking to where the fresh wounds sat from the sharpened claws, I barley flinch at the sight of blood dripping from my arm.

"no"

We walked a little while more before Jackson abruptly stopped. Keeping a safe distance between us I took a step back waiting for him to continue. Minutes past before the silence was broken.

"why?"

My heart had begun to thump in my chest, he didn't seem like himself. He seemed frustrated maybe even sad. A far cry from his usual sure of himself attitude. I was already in edge wondering why the beta hadn't spoke to me. Now Jackson was acting odd making him unpredictable.

His question of 'why' left a bitter air floating around us. I didn't exactly know what he was talking about but I felt the weight of whatever it was. He slowly turned ti face me his feet shuffling through the ground in a slow steady motion. My eyes never left the dirt covered ground.

"why did you lie to me?"

Now I was beyond attempting to figure out what he was referring to. It had been years since our short friendship. I havnt spoke a word to him since then not one of free will anyway.

"for crying out loud breya speak God damn it"

I felt the adrenaline cursing through my body as his tone changed. Cresting the vendful anger I was so used to from him, alpha and any other wolf thst decided to hate me. I don't know what came over me, maybe it was the fact I just had nothing left to loose. Or maybe I just didn't care anymore. They hurt me no matter how well I played by their cruel rules so I guess in just done playing.

The anxiety that was engraved within me from them was only fuel for the fire that seemed to be sparking hotter each day. Granted fighting them and against myself would be undoubtedly exausting but my life was draining with each day. So if these were to be the last few minutes, hours and days thst I lived I would go quietly.

"what do you want me to say Jackson? What's going to be the answer you want to hear? The truth that I have no idea what your referring to?"

My tone was level and calm I didn't want to fall apart but I knew it would happen if I allowed my emotions to rise within me. Years of bottled up pain, anger and suffering are far easier hidden when your isolated away from the world.

" for years I've wanted to ask you about this, it's been at the forefront of my mind. So don't play with me how could you act as though alpha had locked you away like some prisoner when he just didn't have the heart to hurt you. Even after all the things you did to those pups "

I couldn't help the laugh that spilled from my lips after the initial shock wore of. Tears of laughter began to fall down my face forcing me to wipe the escapes away from my cheeks.

" you can't be serious Jackson,you honestly believe that Ive ever hurt anyone? You and the rest of them have left scars all over the skin of my body for years, cut deep enough into my soul to make me want to die to give up, yet not once have I fought back and you believe some half hearted story the alphas spun about me being some kind of twisted up evil?"

Silence fell between us as the hurt began to rise in my heart. Along with utter disbelief this couldn't be happening. I felt my blood begin to coil with unfiltered rage. All these years he just believed I was evil. So thst justified his evil and the rest of the packs evil.

"I'm done holding back my thoughts, yes your stronger than me but I no longer care for the futile life I have. You are the evil, you betrayed me,i trusted you and believed you were my friend. You see this?

My boney finger pointed to bruising that still sat around my kneck

"you did that and this?

Pulling up my leggings I shown him the raised scar that rested against the skin of my leg,

" from when you pushed me down the stairs in the packs school I could go on and on showing you the permanent marks you alone painted my body in but we would be here all day, so I have a question for you, how? How did you become a monster?"

I don't think I've ever experienced the up and down emotions that ran through me during my outbursts. First I was a frantic angry mess, now I'm a trembling disaster as tears stream down my face. I wasn't ashamed of the pain i was showing in fact I felt strangely empowered as I confronted the person who betrayed me. The person who was first to accomplish stealing a part of my hope away.