Chapter Forty

Beta colby

I found myself pacing in front of the pack house, I had been waiting hours for the council to draw up the right paperwork, unable to confront Larsen without it was driving me to whole new level of frustration.

This should of been done hours ago, instead they had to call an emergency council meeting to discuss everything, then make a final vote. I was grateful it was happening tonight, however the longer they took in deciding meant I had longer and my beast had longer to fester on our already pent up anger.

After speaking to wolf I was more than desperate to begin a full scale investigation. We had to to figure this all out, the sooner the better. We could  hopefully save the pups Larsen had sold, save Breya from this life, even this pack.

I don't agree with their ways, but even I knew they were only following their alpha. As messed up as that is, thsts what being loyal is about. But they had displaced it, they should of been more loyal to our laws and way of life.

They definitely deserved to receive punishment for their actions and contribution. But they also deserved to be set free from this poor excuse of a wolf.

"Beta we have it,it's all there"

Looking towards Asher who was practically throwing the papers in my hand I seen the panic, the relief and the determination to get this done all over his face .

Dawn was beginning to set telling me I had been waiting out here all night. Not that it mattered sleep was the last thing on my list of priorities right now. Quickly reading through the paperwork I couldn't stop the small smirk that plastered it's way  on my face. I was going to enjoy this.

Marching through the pack house, both Asher and Jamie hot on my trail I burst through the doors of the alphas wing. Standing in the entrance way waiting for the sure arrival of Larsen, I took in the dingy painted walls of his suite.

Black walls sat against dark polished wood, the perfected combination for this cold blooded monster. Old leather sofas sat in front of a grand fire Place the only feature that actually seemed worthy of looking at in this room.

Snapped out of my examination was the fuming look of Larsens cold ice stare. Only matching my own.

"what do you think your doing! You can't barge in here I'm this close to..

He held his fingers together indicating how close he was from whatever he was about to threaton me with. Stopping him in his tracks I growl out.

" sit down Larsen! "

Taking a seat on the leather sofa he soon follows grumbling about god knows what. Jamie and ahser both stood at the door waiting to see how this all unfolded. Soon Larsen was sat across from me a look of displeasure etched across his hideous face.

Slaming the paper work on the coffe table I slid it towards him. I casually sat back in my seat and patiently waited for him to read over the words. I've never felt more satisfied than I did in this moment. Watching as his face went from one of cockyness to one of complete rage.

"I won't stand for this! I don't care what this says I want you and your mutts off of my land, out of my pack. You have no business being here!"

His wolf clearly as displeasured by the news as he was, his face practically red with anger as I smirk in return.

" I have every business being here, not only that you will comply with my request, demands..

"or what?"

It wasn't actually a question, but I gave him an answer as I leant forward.

"or you can spend some time in your wonderful facilities in your very own  prisons, thst or I will chain you up like the disgusting mutt you are for all your pack to bare witness to."

Just as he was getting ready to shift, Asher and Jamie pinned him down, telling him it wouldn't be his best idea. My attention was soon lost from Larsen and to the panicked voice of wolf.

" colby, its happening again but this time worse! "

" dammit wolf! I told you not to look her in the eyes again until we figured out what was causing it"

A threatening growl entered my mind, but I remained unfazed to focused on getting to them.

"I didn't! She wasn't even facing me just get here colby something isn't right"

Letting out an audible growl of my own I rushed to my feet,

"shit, bring a doctor with you she passed out but her body is practically trembling with pain"

Concern, laced his voice like I'd never heard before. I was growing even more frustrated with this whole situation trying to figure it out. Ready to leave the room and get the doctor I stopped dead in my tracks at the vindictive laughter thst filled the room.

Turning my attention to Larsen who was still being held by Asher and Jamie, their faces holding confusion as they looked at the maniac laughing humorously.

"something wrong with our little Breya? Beta"

My beast growled at his mocking tone, it was taking every bit of strength I possesed not to shift. The knowing look that gleamed in his eyes made my blood boil.

"what's wrong with her?!"

He knew and I was going to get it out of him one way or the other. Shoving both Jamie and ahser away from him he stood from his seat. Walking to a cabinet thst sat only inches away from the sofa.

Grabbing a glass he poured him self a whisky taking his time in answering me. He was enjoying this far to much. Jamie and Asher quickly went to restrain him but he quickly spoke.

"touch me, and I might not be able to share the information I have."

I growled but nodded for Jamie and Asher to leave him be for the moment. He turned to face me with a look thst almost forced me to hide my shock. The pure evil that swam in his eyes was disturbing to say the least. He began to swirl the whisky in his glass before speaking.

"you know it really wasn't a good idea on your part to feed her proper meals. You see Breya has had a special diet for a while now"

"get on with it Larsen"

He quickly took a swig of his drink before flashing me a victorious smile.

"it seems our little Breyas better half wants to come out now that it's wearing of"

I all but dived across the room not liking where this was going, my claws elongated ready to slash through his flesh. But Jamies hand pushed me back.

"colby just go they need you, we will deal with him"

Nodding I forced myself to leave just before i left the room he finally clarrified what he meant,leaving dread to overcome me.

"I guess today's the day she finally leaves us all, her body is to weak to handle her first shift... Its sad really, and to think if you hadn't of stuck your nose where it wasn't welcome she could of lived... Ooo well "

Gasped left every one of us our eyes wide, my stomach dropped as I realised and everything finally made sense. Her lack of scent, everything if what he said was true .

Breya wasn't human, she was a wolf.