Chapter Fifty Two

Breya

"shit, Breya? What did he do to you?"

Jacksons voice actually brought me solace in this moment,his arms catching my body as the man threw me into the cell. As soon as I felt his warmth tears fell as I allowed myself this moment of release.

Jacksons arms held me securely against him, no words uttered as I allowed my sadness and worry out. Sarah's eyes haunted my mind as I thought of what they were doing to her.

I couldn't figure out why I felt this impending guilt,naturally I never wanted harm to come to anyone, but this was something more I could feel it. It was to deeply rooted for it to be normal , the way I felt when she spoke was a comfort I'd never experienced.

I had nothing to compare it to nothing to go of. All I was certain of was I needed to know she was safe. I felt pained at her loss of touch the security I felt as her aura surrounded me, leaving an empty loneliness in its place.

A while later my tears had stopped still I remained within Jacksons embrace. The irony was genius, I had sought comfort from a person who had caused me so much agony. Now he was just what I needed, the friend I dreamed of. I knew it took more than a few nice words for our friendship to ever be genuine, however It felt different now. I believed he had no ill intentions this moment only solified my thoughts.

"what happened Breya?"

His voice was soft barley a whisper I sucked in a breath in the hopes I wouldn't cry again. I moved slightly so I could sit up and look at him. This was something I'd never done before, despite all these years I've felt hurt by him, right now I needed him.

I had to start somewhere in this new life of mine, I couldn't remain the closed up little 'human' I'd been for so long now. I needed this, so did Jackson, Sarah, the silver beast, Beta colby, the pack and the pups.

I wasn't isolated anymore, I had promised myself I'd try so with the anxiety, the nerves and the fear I finally allowed myself not to deal with the pain alone.

" he injected me with something, he said I was one of you but obviously thst isn't true. When he injected me I felt this unusual cold chill through my entire body before I blacked out, I've never felt anything like it jackson..

Even though I was reliving the awful moment and trying to fight through my normal fears, I couldn't help but catch myself, saying his name so naturally felt odd. Amplifying my common fears for the briefest of moments. Jackson only smiled and nodded at me in reassurance reminding me things were different now.

"when I woke up I couldn't move it felt like hours before I gained any feeling, then there was a women she helped me, and now she is being punished for defending me..

My voice broke the more I rambled out the events, Jacksons quickly held my hand in attempt to comfort me. Which I was grateful for. Taking a breath to compose myself I continued.

"her name was Sarah, Dr. Maliic had tried t..

" Sarah? "

I looked at Jackson in confusion as I felt the frantic disbelief in his voice. He cupped my face with his hands, his eyes holding a hope i couldn't quite figure out.

" Breya what did she look like?"

I could see he needed this, he seemed almost desperate at my answer. So I didn't question him in an attempt to figure out what was going on.

"she had blond hair and blue eyes, I don't know how else to describe her other than she had soft features. The room was dark until..

I trailed of with my poor discription when I noticed Jackson frozen in shock. He looked as if someone had knocked every bit of air out if him. Falling against the wall he shook his head mumbling words I couldn't quite make out.

I moved closer unsure how to approach him I placed my hand on his. His head snapped to mine seemingly shaking him out of his trance.

"I don't know how this would even be possible Breya"

He said while still shaking his head.

"what is it Jackson?"

"my dad his mates name was Sarah"

"was?"

Nodding his head he rested his head on the wall a far away look in his gaze.

"yes, she supposed to be dead but..

" but you think the women I met could be her? "

It seemed to hard for him to say as he paused so I decided to help, now I was able to put it all together. He nodded his head as he spoke bewilderment laced in his words.

"her name, the way you described her it's to much of a coincidence, i mean I never knew her but I've seen a photo dad has of her"

"we have to help..

The sound of the door opening stopped me in my tracks. Without thinking I moved closer to Jackson needing the comfort of him close. He tightly gripped my hand as we waited for who ever it was to come. My heart  sank when I saw the state of Sarah being pulled in.

The same man pushed her into the cell her knees hitting the floor as he slammed the cell door closed. I quickly scrambled to her side, her eyes quickly meeting mine. Without any thought or hesitation I threw my arms around her. Tears filling my eyes as I felt her arms wrap around my own frail body.

I didn't have time nor the interest to question my instincts. I just embraced the moment allowing relief to flood me. Finally breaking away I turned to look at Jackson. His face was full of shock, disbelief and happiness?.

He couldn't speak as he continued to stare at Sarah. She hadn't seemed to notice as she began to talk.

"Breya..I? I can't believe your alive"

Did she know me? I recalled the way she acted when she learned my name in the hetic moments with Dr. Mallic. Only now did I began to question the oddity of it all.

"how?"

Jacksons voice was full with overwhelming emotion as he finally found his voice. Sarah now realising he was here smiled gently towards him. His reaction was priceless as I watch this incredible scene unfold. His smile grew as a tear escaped his eye. He quickly moved closer to us as he began to ramble in excitement something I'd never seen him do.

"I'm sorry I know you don't know me, I'm Jackson I'm your mates son"

I watched as Sarah flinch with hurt, Jackson quickly panicking as he corrected himself.

"adopted son"

Relief seemed to sparkle in her  beautiful eyes before she spoke again. First to Jackson causing his smile to broaden.

"its wonderful to meet you Jackson, I know there is much to discuss and explain but there's no time we need to leave."

A new determination shined withing her eyes as she presented a key that sat in her delicate hand.

"this is to open the cell, we need to move quickly it won't be long until the guard realises its missing"

"then what? There's only one door through the corridor"

I didn't want to be negative or hold doubt but I couldn't help it. There was no way we were going to escape if we went out of the iron door. Sarah smiled at me thoughtfully as she began to explain.

"the window, I know we're all hurt I won't pretend like this is going to be easy, were going to have one hell of a climb but if we stick together we will make it"

Her words were encouraging, again causing me to feel at ease despite what we were about to do. I didn't question her further I completely trusted her. As strange as that may be I didn't have time to wonder why or how. As she explained the plan, she had everything figured out. As her eyes met mine I found a determined look swirling in her orbs as she spoke. Her hand gently pushing a strand of hair behind my ear.

"I promise once were safe I will explain everything I can to you Breya"