Chapter Eleven

I was eighteen years old when I could no longer wait, the questions were burning my mind with anticipation of the answers. I lay battered and bruised at the brink of complete exaustion, at the feet of the man who claimed he took me in.

Blood pooling around me from the open wonds caused by the claws of the monster I seen to often. My breath was hard to catch as I found the last bit of strength left in me to sit up onto my knees.

As I felt the warm blood touch the naked skin of my knees I felt the bubbling anger ignite in me. Only fueling my attempts to find out exactly where I came from. I wanted to know everything.

Why was I here?

Why didnt they just kill me?

How am I able to withstand this constant torture?

Looking down at my hands that lay flat across the floor holding me up I bit back a scream from the pain of the broken bones in my fingers. Tears surfaced as I took a moment to look back.

Look back at the pain I'd suffered the abuse, neglect and torture. All I felt was anger and disgust this creature knew he was stronger than me he knew I stood no chance against him let alone his army of dogs.

Because of his cowardice I'd endured torture my whole life for what reason? There had to be a reason I couldn't continue to fight without at least trying. So with my mind made up I openend my tear filled eyes an  looked into to my monsters empty soul.

His surprised expression gave him away as my beaten bloodied body stood on wobbly legs. My gaze never once leaving his lifeless orbs. Fear forgotten as I faced my beast wiping the coppery blood from my mouth I spoke with authority behind my words.

"Where did I come from?"

Silence filled the concrete basement as my question echoed of all the cemented walls. Keeping my eyes firmly on his I was surprised to see amusment flicker alive in his cold stare. His sickening chuckle filled my ears making my body want to retreat. But I stood as firmly as I could.

"there are a few things you need to know runt"

The alpha began and for a moment I thought this is it I'm finally going to know. I'm finally going to have answers to the questions that seemed to take over my entire soul. Until  I saw the boiling rage build up inside him as his wolf began to flow with his own cruel voice.

"the first is you will never...

Berore I could blink the alpha was in front of me his alognated claws puncturing the skin on my kneck as he lifted my frail body off of the ground.

" ever know the answer"

Tears began to flow down my face as I mustered up my courage to continue to face him. Trying hard to remain in control of my self considering he was tuning my pale skin blue. I spoke out breathlessly.

"But why?"

His face inched closer to mine as he spoke.

"because you dont deserve the answers runt"

I couldn't just let that be it he couldn't just say that. He made my life a living hell. I don't have one memory of anything good because this monster decided what my life would be. I deserved to know why.

"did I have a family?"

I could see his rage building as I continued to defy his rules. The sinister beast growled out in frustration as he bagn to speak.

"no you didn't. Why? What have I been telling you for the last eighteen years?"

Tears fel uncontrollably as his words shattered my entire soul. This was the first time I believed it it was the first time I felt the complete meaning behind his words. I'd never known love but I'd seen it with my very eyes I'd envied it from afar.

I watched as parents embraced their pups with complete an utter love. Unconditional love from siblings as they played together. The concern that etched their faces when ever one was harmed.

The agonising cries of the pups in the orphanage at the loss of their loved ones. I'd heard it I'd seen it the thought of never being able to have that crushed me. The thought of never actually having a single soul that accepted me and loved me for me was unbearable.

"I am nothing"

For the first time in my life I felt it, the shattering break in my chest broken. For the first time in my life I lost faith in my hope. For the first time in my life I gave in to him. Because there was nothjng left in this moment to do but to let go. My hope was based on the thought of having someone in the world someone who would miss me. Love me. Accept me.

With that thought at the front of my mind I did it. I let go i gave my monster his triupth moment I gave him my hope to strewn up and burn.

"kill me"

I didn't know if it was my imagination or not but I could of sworn I'd seen joy withing his ice code irises. His sickening voice spoke once more helping me to prepare for the inevitable.

"with pleasure"

Were the last words i heard before the burning pain of his canines puncturing into the skin of my kneck. I didn't know if I screamed all I did know was I welcomed the darkness with open arms. Wanting nothing more than to escape my punished life.

I prayed with every piece of me left that I'd find freedom within death. I prayed I'd be free of the pain loneliness and torture I'd faced in my life. I prayed I just had peace.

But my luck was apparently worse than I thought as I finally opened my eyes in the bed of the packs hospital.
For the first time in my life I woke up with nothing left to give the creatures who stole my soul.

I was completely hopeless.