Chapter Forty one

Beta colby

She wasn't human, was all thst seemed to occupy my mind in that moment. I couldn't think of anything else as I let that information sink in. The whole room was stilled, shock on everyone's features barring Larsens.

His lips were twisted in a evil grin as he casually drank the remainder of his whisky. Slamming his glass onto the fireplace with a satisfied sigh seemed to be all I needed to breakout of my trance.

Floods of questions swarmed me as I began to piece it all together. If Breya really was one of us then that means she has been poisoned her entire life. The reality of thst was overwhelming.

It was beyond evil, cruel and even monstrous I don't think there was an appropriate word that existed for that level of evil. To subject a wolf to a life of suppression was unspeakable in fact I'm certain it was unheard of.

I hated to admit it to even think it but it made sense, it all added up connecting the dots to perfectly to be a coincidence. I wanted nothing more than for it to be a lie because I can't even imagine what the reality of it would be for Breya.

As soon as I thought her name I seemed to snap into action. If Larsen was telling the truth then she really could die. A natural age for a wolf to shift was between twelve and Fourteen Breya had to be in her twenties.

That alone would make it near impossible for her body to make the shift but in her current state I knew she couldn't make it. Her physical strength, her body in its current weakened state was no where near ready.

"wolf you need to get Breya to the edge of the forest near the pack house now!"

I felt my beast stir as he caught up with me, I felt an array of emotions flash through me but panic outweighed them all. His sickening laugh as he watched me figure it out was diabolical.

" lock him up! Asher get me a pack doctor now! And bring wolfsbane"

I practically seethe as their eyes widened more if thst was even possible but it had to be done, we couldn't just let her die. Which she surely would if we didn't hurry. Marching my way through the pack house I could barley think straight.

"what the fuck is going on colby, she is thrashing in pain but completely unconscious".

I could hear his worry it was heartbreaking to withhold what I knew . I couldn't tell him yet he had to get her here. I don't think his wolf would react well to the news with his profound instincts towards her.

"just get her here I know whats wrong with her I can't explain it right now. Just trust me"

He didn't respond I knew he was more than likely nearly here, soon I  was walking toward the forest with Asher and a displeased doctor in toe. I quickly realised wolf needed to be far away from us so we could do what needed to be done to save her.

"do you trust me?"

"yes"

There was no hesitation in his words as he responded with a firm yes, I braced myself for his reaction to my next request.

"you need to leave her at the edge of the woods and run, don't look back don't linger just run"

The growl that became prominent in my mind made my own wolf want to retreat but I pushed those thoughts aside. I had to remain unmoving and level headed for this to work.

"no"

The reply I anticipated came releasing my own growl to show him I wasn't in any mood to argue and how seriouse I was released not only in my mind but around me to.

"you have to, I'm willing to put our whole friendship on the line if you refuse, this dosnt help Breya you have to trust me!"

I used the one thing I knew would make him realise I wasn't joking. He released a displeasured growl making me aware he wasn't happy but would comply to my wishes.

That's all I needed. Soon I could see her body withering in agony against the frosted ground beneath her. I felt my heart clench at the sight and I prayed we wernt to late.

As soon as I was by her side I searched the area for wolf, no sign of him meant he had done what I had asked.

"give her the shot of wolfsbane"

The doctor looked surprised, telling me he was unaware of why I was asking him. That was actually good for him I don't think my wolf could control his thirst for blood had he of known all along.

Moving out the way he quickly placed his bag on the ground looking to me and Asher through his ageing eyes once the needle was secured in his hand.

"hold her, I won't be able to do it with her thrashing around"

Quickly we restrained her pain riddled body as the doctor placed the needle in her arm. I couldn't take my eyes from her delicate face. Sweat dropped down her paled skin despite the frost the settled around us. Her eyebrows creased in pain even though her conscious mind was no longer there.

Soon her body arched as the poison made its way around. Her breathing was ragged for a moment more before her body stilled completely. I felt everyone's breath catch as we waited for her to breath.

Finally she let out a small breath of what I could only describe as relief. I felt that same relief as I watched her chest move up and down as she began to steadily breath again. Scooping her small body into my arms I instructed the doctor to lead me to the packs hospital.

As I looked down at Breya sleeping form I wondered how we were ever going to tell her what she was. The agony we witnessed in her eyes for everyday I've known her told me this was not going to be easy for her to accept.

We had caused her so much grief, pain and sadness and now she is one of us.

The fact the wolfsbane worked meant there was no denying it. Breya was a wolf.