Chapter Eighteen

I had come to a point where I could no longer bare it. Shattered, broken and crumbled by the monsters that consumed my life. I had done the one thing I'd never thought I'd do. I gave up.

I completely sacrificed myself to them. No longer willing or hopeful I gave them the last peace of me. I had nothing left to give. I had only ever been forced by emotion to go against my own fears and rationality three times in my life.

The first when I asked alpha where I came from. The second was the day I'd pleaded with the pack to hear my words and head my warnings of the alphas broken laws. The third was right now as I surrendered myself to the darkness that weighed heavy in my heart.

I could see no light, no happiness,no love. I had secretly become hopeful when the beta arrived. My over active imagination creating possibilities that we're completely impossible. Despite my reminder of naive trust.

I'd hoped that maybe he would save me. I hoped he'd save the creatures of this pack from their inner sins. And just maybe bring the vindictive alpha to justice.

I had hoped that the silver beast was my friend. I hoped that he would save me from unbearable loniness long enough to fill my empty soul.

I was foolish to believe that either of them were capable. My biggest flaw was my biggest skill. I dreamed ridiculous dreams of hopeless creatures of thst I was sure.

Were my thoughts harsh? Maybe but I couldn't care. I was willing to sacrifice my poor existence so they didn't hurt each other. And for what? A joke? A twisted test of loyalty?.where was the loyalty for me? Where were the morals and kindness returned to me? Never thats when.

I could feel the impending ache in my chest. The hurt I felt was to real it was more than I could take. Everytime I'd give them an inch I'd be left disappointed and hurt with the mike they'd run. How was that fair. How was it ok. None of it was and neither was I.

"I understand this may not mean much to you, but know I'm truly sorry for any suffering you have endured from our people. I promise you breya we are not all monsters, I understand that we earned no trust by misleading you but one thing you must absolutely believe is you are not done."

My head was bowed to ground as I revelled in my own self pity. Tears were still flowing down my cheeks as I listened to the betas words. Raising my head to meet his sorrowful gaze.

"I can't do it anymore, I can't trust you any of you each time I do you rip apart of me away. There isn't anything left"

The wolfs wines echoed into my ears his pleas only encouraged my pain. The beta quickly made his way to me placing his hands on my shoulders.

"I've been in the presence of thousands of incredibly powerful wolves. None would be as brave and powerful as you were just now. I don't know your story breya but your eyes tell me you have suffered a great deal. But your heart is still pure. That makes you the strongest person I know. "

His words were kind but I still wouldn't allow myself to trust him I couldn't. Taking a step back the beta sighed before he spoke.

" I know you don't have a reason to trust me. But please give us just one chance to earn it. You have a choice to make on weather you wish to hear what we have to say"

My eyes met his I studied him for a moment trying to figure out if this was real. I seacheed his face his eyes and found no hint of a lie.

" its my choice?"

Without sparing a moment the beta firmly stated 'yes'. I mulled over the thought of not listening to what they wanted. But knew deep down I'd forever regret not at least trying. I'd wonder and hope and I didn't need any more false hope. In the end what did I have to loose?.

"I will listen but I won't promise I will help"

The beta looked overjoyed as he heard my words. I couldn't find it within me to feel the same way I felt completely empty as I stood waiting.

"thankyou breya I promise you, you won't regret it"

Soon the sliver wolf moved from behind me to lay next to me. His huge body radiating heat.

"he wants you to get on his back"

Looking between the beta and the silver beast I realised they were actually serious.

"I can't..i can't just.. Why?"

"breya its ok I promise no harm will come to you."

Giving the beta a look of disbelief I sighed in defeat. I was to tired to care at this moment. I looked towards the silver beast trying to figure out a way to get onto his back. Doubt began to settle over me as my thoughts clouded with uncertainty.

"what.. What if I hurt him"

The beta couldn't hide the laugh in his voice as he answered me.

" I'm sure he can handle it"

For the very first time in my life, I shot daggers at the beta who's only retaliation was to hold his hands up in surrender . Slowly I reach my hand out to hold onto the silver beast beautiful coat gently my fingers sank beneath the warm soft fur. Pulling my self up I threw my leg over one side as my other sat against his other side. Pain sissled all over my body My injuries screaming in protest. Quickly I adjusted myself into a comfier position.

My cold body enjoyed the heat from the wolf. His soft fur was like a heated blanket. I felt myself unconsciously relax against him.

"I won't be joinging you I need to stay here to ensure no one realises your gone"

Confusion settled in as I wonder how the silver beast was going to talk to me. Maybe he is going to shift. The thought honestly saddened me a little. I don't think I'm ready to meet the man behind the silver fur coat.

"ok"

The beast rose to his full height making me hold onto his coat a little tighter. Without warning he began sprinting through the forest. Butterflies fluttered through my stomach and for once not in fear. In pure excitement.

I couldn't see a thing as everything blurred together, the cold breeze hitting my face as I got a taste of what rubbing free was like. It was.

"exhilarating"