Chapter Forty Five

A/N : Firstly thankyou to everyone who has read my book, voted and commented its honestly amazing how supportive you all have been ❤️ I just wanted to let you know that this chapter will be from Jacksons p/v let me know what you think.

Cold drafted around me in a vice like grip, I couldn't escape it as I huddled my body together for warmth. Days of being poisoned made me more susceptible to the feeling of cold, something I was definitely not used to.

My thoughts wondered to Breya, I couldn't hold pity for my self when she was a human. I've only experienced a few days of what surviving the bitter cold feels like. She has had winters upon winters to survive .

A small smile pulls at my chapped lips as I thought back to the first time we met. Her teeth had been chattering none stop I could hear them through the paper thin walls in the orphanage it drove me insane. Yet when my eyes landed on the small human girl who held so much fear yet so much fire in her eyes I couldn't help but be intrigued.

I wondered if she made it, I hoped that by her absence here she had. My orders were clear, alpha wanted me to lead her to captivity but I couldn't do it. My heart had darkened since I first met her but somehow she held onto the small light inside of it.

I valued our friendship but it was all apart if his plan, he wanted me to befriend her I just didn't know it. He wanted to rip away her hope, fire and determination. When he came to me to tell me I was being adopted I was over the moon. My original plan was to ask my adoptive parents to adopt her to.

My naive child mind didn't think of the consequences to that. I believed it was a possibility. Until alpha commanded me to end our friendship. He wanted her to feel betrayed by me, so she wouldn't ever trust another being again.

My heart broke and the first shadow was cast over it as I watched her pain at my behaviour. I had no choice I couldn't fight against his beast. When I had tried he beat me until I begged for mercy, but still I wouldn't obey him eventually he had to bend my own will by using his alpha command.

As I got older I felt my own beast come into our true power of beta blood. I soon realised his beast wasnt that of a true alpha. Mine strived to defy him wanting our friend back. He was also fond of the pure hearted human.

The only way I could get through the years before my wolf grew into his own was by convincing myself that the vindictive things he said about her were true. I knew in my heart they wernt.

I tried to avoid her like the plague during our time in school. His command overruled my own wants to obey his command. My wolf having no other choice but to submit to his alpha. He wanted me to make her life hell, he wanted me to hurt her everytime I laid my eyes in her.

I was grateful when he banished her to the hut,my guilt from taking the blankets I'd given her as a child away could finally be undone. I would leave blankets, clothes and anything else I could outside her door. Making sure she had no idea where they came from.

I've never been more grateful for my father than when he stopped me from choking her. I had tried so hard to fight against his command but eventually it over powered my body. My anger coming from nothing but my own frustration at losing the battle within. He knew I didn't want to be this way, I didn't want to hrut her so when he appeard in the woods relief washed over me.

Alpha wanted me to kill her that day, I don't think I could of ever lived with myself had I gone through with it. When I lost my family I lost hope at a content life. Then I met Breya whose life had been nothing but terrible from when it started. Yet her light, her happiness despite her pain was addicting.

She was my beakon in my hour of need making me nothing but grateful for the time I had with my beautiful family. God it hurt my heart to even think of them,whst would they think of who I had become. Shame completely overcome me as I thought on the person I was now.

Don't get me wrong I loved my father,he loved me he also wasn't a bad wolf he was one of the best people I'd ever known. He did his best to protect me from Larsen but there was only so much he could do. The day he and his wolf accepted me as his own pup was one of the only happy memories I have here.

As I thought of my father I wondered if he would be proud of me for saving Breya. If I did. I don't regret it in fact its my only proudest moment. I recall the look of disbelief, fear and gratitude that Swan through her innocent eyes as she looked at me for confirmation to run.

My heart smiled at the thought. The clanging if the side door to my new prison shocked me out of my thoughts. Sucking in a breath and bracing myself for whatever torture was to come i opened my eyes to be met with a sight I wish I could unsee.

Breya. The human scientist carried her in like a rag doll as her unconscious body limply jerked around. He practically flung her into our cell causing me to jump to catch her frail body.

My body protested from the days of torture it had endured but I ignored the pain. Clutching her to my chest to try and keep her body warm I felt a sickening dread take over me.

There was no way she wouldn't survive this, I'd never been here before I don't think it was a part of our pack,but we were higher in the mountines. meaning the temperatures were already below freezing. Then add the humans and rouges that seemed to have the same cruel ideology as alpha  Larsen.

I took in her sleeping face wondering what she would think if she woke up  to be greeted by me. I wished more than anything to gain her forgiveness but even I knew I'd caused her to much pain for that to ever be a possibility. I stilled as her body began to move. Slowly her eyes opened and eventually landed on me. Looking up her eyes widened before she uttered my name in a whisper.

"Jackson?"