Chapter Three

Power was something I could only ever dream of. The power to make my own choices, to control my own life or the power to become whoever I wanted to be. I swore if I ever had it, I would never abuse it or take advantage.

I have been forced to watch the alpha use the power he had for nothing but his own gain. His own twisted wants and needs my whole life.

His need to prove the power he had, was driven by nothing more than a damaged ego. That's what made him dangerous. The day I found the courage to speak out against him was the day he handed me my prison sentence.

I was never a threat in strength to him, I wasn't even a threat by knowing what I did. He knew his loyal pack wouldn't believe me. The smug smirk that graced his face and the amusement that danced in his devious eyes were enough to confirm his confidence.

Making me look like a fool was a bonus to his deceitful victory. I had practically handed him a reason to plague my life as he pleased. Not that he needed a reason. I was surprised when I hadn't received punishment from him right away.

The day he brought me out to the hut I thought maybe he was showing me a glimpse of kindness. That maybe his heart had some humanity left. I have never been more wrong.

The scenery was beautiful the wooden hut stood in the middle of an unruly field; wildflowers peaked out amongst the overgrown grass. Completely surrounded by walls of tall sturdy trees. It felt open and freeing I couldn't push down the bubble of hope. I truly wish I had.

Weeks pasted before I realized what his intentions really were. Left alone, completely secluded from any form of life. Isolation at its worst. I didn't even have the sounds of people living around me. Just the complete deafening silence of my prison.

The tall trees were my bars, the field my isolation. Every day began to blur together driving me to near insanity. The only thing that kept me sane was the alphas regular visits. Each one was to degrade me and remind me of my lack of belonging, yet it kept me grounded.

I could walk outside whenever I chose to. I soon realized it was a ploy to dangle the one thing I wanted the most. Freedom. It was just out of my reach that I could almost taste it.

Another display of my weakness and their strength. He wanted me to feel completely powerless, he wanted me hopeless, he wanted me to know that he controlled my life.

I could run but they would catch me, I could hide but they would track me, I could fight but they would win. They always won he wanted me to know I was no match for them, he wanted me to know how insignificant I was.

The banging on the door startled me to my feet. I quickly regretted my actions as the pain in my feet made itself known. Holding my breath until the sting settled to a bearable throb, I made my way to the door.

Nerves seemed to take over as a subtle tremble took over my body. No body ever came to my hut, other than alpha and he never knocked. Clasping my hand around the handle I steadily opened the door. Instantly bowing my head in submission to whoever was stood in front of me.

The musky mint smell was unfamiliar to me as I waited for some indication of who it was.

"He should have killed you years ago runt."

The familiar hatred in the voice told me exactly who it was. Jackson Harris, son of beta Harris. Someone who probably despises me as much as alpha. I hadn't seen him since I was left in the hut. That I was glad of, know I knew who it was my nerves turned to cold ice fear.

The tight grip on my still healing arms was enough to make me wince, pulling my petite body closer to him his mouth brushing against the skin of my ear sent my trembling into a frenzy.

"Why doesnt the alpha want me to hurt you? Mmmm? what tricks have you been using runt?"

His voice was low and dangerous, his words made me sick to my stomach. Trying hard to keep the contents of my stomach down was proving difficult. The grip on my arm tightened as he dragged me out of the door and into the tall grass.

"Keep up runt."

Harshly releasing my arm my body struggled to regain balance as I tried to steady myself. It was difficult to keep up with his fast pace my feet protesting with each step.

It had been four days since the night the silver beast turned my reality upside down. Making me question everything I thought I knew about wolves. I woke up by the lake with a burnt-out campfire next to me. The wolf was nowhere to be seen, leaving him a complete mystery to me. I tried hard not to think about that night but it still somehow managed to be at the front of my mind.

Every time my mind would race over questions I could never ask, leaving me confused and unsure. I decided that whatever to wolfs motives were for saving me didn't matter. Because I would not be at the mercy of another wolf.

I was still attempting to figure out who he was but each time I tried to piece it together my head would hurt. The uncomfortable throbbing made it hard to think straight.

I must have been lost in my thoughts because I hadn't noticed we had entered the forest. Not until I tripped over the root of a tree. I would of fell on my face if I hadn't of caught myself with my hands.

I didn't have chance to react to the fall as I was lifted from the ground by my throat. My eyes wide with fear as they met Jacksons soulless blue eyes. The hate that swirled in them terrified me. The pressure against my throat had me scratching at his hand, trying to find relief to breath.

"You really are pathetic, arent you? Shaking in my hands like the helpless human you are"

Brining me closer to him he whispered in a sickly voice.

"It would be so easy to kill you. I could do whatever I pleased and there would be nothing you could do because your weak. Complete and utterly useless, you can't even walk without falling."

His full body stilled as his father's voice cut into his heart felt speech. Dropping me to the ground tears brimmed my eyes, but I refused to let them fall. Anger burned inside me as his words filtered around my mind.

He was right, I hated that he was I hated the way it made me feel. I hated it all. The fact I was grasping for air like a starved animal was proving his point. It was showing me and them what we already knew. Yet the truth seemed harder to swallow when it's shoved in your face.

I had tuned out the voices of the beta wolves while I tried to gain control of my breathing. I couldn't bear to hear their words anymore. I didn't care that they were true, I Cared that they were right. What could I do?

I was the only mouse in a game filled with vicious cats. Hopeless against the world. My spirit had always had strength, but I had nothing to back that up. Just a broken battered body shamed for vulnerability.

Aimlessly following the pack to my own destruction. Why?

Because I was useless

Because I was weak

Because I was pathetic.

Because I am nothing.

A/N

Chapter Three updated and edited